GoPro Awards Content Submission Agreement
GoPro is excited you are interested in sharing your footage with us. Please read carefully the terms and conditions that follow. This GoPro Awards Content Submission Agreement (the “Agreement”) is a binding agreement between you (“You”) and GoPro, Inc., a Delaware Corporation (“GoPro”).
BY CLICKING THE "AGREE" BUTTON AND UPLOADING YOUR CONTENT, YOU (A) ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT; (B) REPRESENT THAT YOU ARE OF LEGAL AGE TO ENTER INTO A BINDING AGREEMENT; AND (C) ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE LEGALLY BOUND BY ITS TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, DO NOT UPLOAD YOUR CONTENT TO GOPRO.
Employees of GoPro, GoPro’s parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, individuals or entities contractually obligated to provide content to GoPro are not eligible to receive any compensation pursuant to this Agreement.
You represent and warrant that You own or have the right to license to GoPro pursuant to the terms herein all the video or audio visual content, footage and photographs filmed, captured and/or recorded with GoPro’s digital audio visual camera, products, accessories, or otherwise filmed, captured and/or recorded, including any rights to the music contained therein, including the right to exploit any master recordings and underlying musical compositions as synchronized to the user genereated content and the public performance rights for such user generated content and submitted by You to GoPro through any delivery means prescribed by GoPro (together, the “UGC”).
GoPro wishes to license and You desire to grant GoPro a license to include, exhibit, display, reproduce or distribute the UGC for any and all purposes, including commercial purposes, and including but not limited to the marketing, promoting and advertising of the GoPro brand, products and services, testing of GoPro’s technologies, monetization of content through advertising, subscription, licensing and other means. Such a license further includes, among other things, the right for GoPro to incorporate the UGC in video or audio visual content, text, graphics, artwork, photographs, templates, and other content or materials created by or on behalf of GoPro or its licensees (the “GoPro Network”) to create what is referred to herein as the “GoPro Network Materials.”
This Agreement also governs GoPro’s use of the name, nickname, likeness, rights of publicity, voice, live or recorded performance, autograph, photographs and biographical information of You or any third parties (“Appearances”) as included in the UGC. You represent and warrant that You have obtained the appropriate licenses, permissions, and/or releases from all people that recognizably appear in the Content, including the real names, nicknames, likenesses, voices, live or recorded performances, autographs, photographs and biographical information of such third party individuals, and the owner of any music, images, video, audio, photos, text, or other material embedded within the UGC. If your UGC contains photographs or digital or video images that depict a child that is under the age of majority in their state of residence, You represent that You have written permission from the minor’s parent or guardian to provide the photo, digital, or video image for commercial use.
NOW, THEREFORE, for good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties agree as follows:
- LICENSE GRANT. Submitting UGC means that You hereby grant to GoPro, with a right to sublicense for commercial use, a perpetual, worldwide, unlimited, irrevocable, transferable, assignable, royalty-free, fully-paid license for GoPro to use that UGC and Your Appearances or other identifying information in connection with Your UGC, and the right to record, copy, publicly perform, broadcast, exhibit, transmit, distribute create derivate works and otherwise exploit any master recordings and underlying musical compositions as synchronized to the UGC and provide the public performance rights for such UGC, for any purpose, including but not limited to any commercial advertising, in any manner or media now or later developed, including, without limitation, the rights enumerated below:
- (a)to reproduce, modify, display and prepare derivative works, publicly perform, publicly display, distribute, broadcast, transmit and otherwise use the UGC, in whole or in part, whether or not within or in connection with the GoPro Network Materials, for any purpose, in any and all media now known or hereafter created, including, but not limited to, the following (collectively, the “Licensed Uses”):
- Online / Mobile: All forms of transmission over the Internet, mobile carrier networks, satellite networks or other method of connectivity (as defined below), including, without limitation, all forms of streaming technologies and downloads accessible on or through any and all websites, applications, gaming and/or media platforms, social media services and/or other offerings made available by the GoPro Network (collectively, “Online Media”);
- PR / Industrial / Retail: All public relations, media outreach and/or industrial uses, including, without limitation, the exhibition, performance and other use of the Content and Appearances at retail establishments (e.g., “point-of-sale” and “point-of-purchase” displays), kiosks, trade shows, conventions, sales and/or marketing meetings and other industrial and/or promotional events;
- Print Media: The display and other use of GoPro Network Materials in and in connection with all forms of print media, including, without limitation, catalogues, newspaper and magazine articles, editorials, advertising and circulars, merchandise packaging and product manuals;
- Out-Of-Home / Transit / Events: The exhibition, display, performance and other use of the Content and Appearances via all forms of out-of-home advertising (including, without limitation, on billboards, “bus wrappers” and in other public places), in public or private transportation (including, without limitation, airline flights, trains, subway cars, buses, taxis, limousines and “ride-sharing” services) and at public events (including, without limitation, on electronic billboards and video displays at those public events);
- GoPro Studio™: The use by consumers for incorporation as templates within GoPro Studio™ video editing software and sharing tools;
- Television: All forms of television media, whether linear or on-demand (including, without limitation, all forms of local, regional and network broadcast, pay, cable, satellite and internet protocol television);
- Theatrical: Theatrical exhibition (including, without limitation, as embodied in motion pictures);
- Home Video / EST: All home video formats (i.e., DVD, Blu-Ray, VHS and other fixed, transportable audiovisual media) and the “electronic sell-through” of motion pictures and television programs embodying the Content in digital download formats;
- Commercials: by means of Online Media, radio and Television in audiovisual works as commercial(s), produced by the GoPro Network;
- Internal Usage: internal usage for testing and system improvements by GoPro and companies in the GoPro Network and
- Other Uses: Any other exhibition, display, performance, communication to the public, distribution, exploitation or other use of the Content and/or Appearances not set forth above.
- (b)to the extent that You or any third party recognizably appear in the Content, to use the Appearances, in or in connection with the Content or the GoPro Network Materials, in any and all media now known or hereafter created, including, but not limited, for the Licensed Uses for any purpose and as necessary to exercise the rights granted in these Terms. Subject to applicable laws, You waive any moral and privacy rights that You or Your licensors may have in any UGC.
- use of your UGC. Submission of Content to GoPro is not a guarantee that GoPro will publish or otherwise use the Content. For clarity, as part of the Licensed Uses, GoPro may use Your Content, in whole or in part or as part of the GoPro Materials without any further approval by You.
- ownership. GoPro acknowledges and agrees that You retain all right, title and interest in and to the UGC and Appearances, including all intellectual property rights, rights of publicity or privacy and moral rights therein, other than those rights granted herein. You acknowledge and agree that GoPro shall acquire all right, title and interest in the derivative works of the UGC that are contained as part of the GoPro Network Materials.
- additional compensation. You may be eligible to receive additional compensation for UGC that is published on ad-supported channels on the GoPro Network, provided that GoPro has first been paid by such third party platform. GoPro will make the GoPro Network program terms available at www.gopro.com/legal/program-terms. The GoPro Network program terms are subject to change. Likewise, certain submissions may be eligible for “GoPro Awards,” please review the GoPro Awards FAQ for more information.
- payment terms. Payments made to You under this Agreement (if any) will be treated as royalty payment and payable within ninety (90) days of GoPro’s receipt of Your details to send Your payment for the Content as requested by GoPro or GoPro’s third party vendor. Payments may be subject to withholding taxes, which will be deducted from Your payment. Any payments will be made payable to You in U.S. dollars and sent via wire transfer using the account information provided by You, or as otherwise agreed by the parties. All payments due under this Agreement are exclusive of taxes, duties, levies, tariffs and other governmental charges (including, without limitation, VAT) (collectively, “Taxes”). You will be responsible for payment of all Taxes and any related interest and penalties resulting from any payments made hereunder.
- warranties. You represent and warrant that: (i) You have all rights and licenses necessary to grant toGoProthe rights granted in the UGC and Appearances, including but not limited torights to synchronize any master recording and or composition used to video , images, video, audio, photos, text, or other material embedded within the UGC, and You will pay any and all third parties who may be entitled to a royalty or fee (including public performance organizations) arising from the Licensed Use of any composition or master recording embedded within the UGC; (ii) to the extent any Third-Parties are visible in the UGC, You have obtained express consent from the Third-Parties to submit their likeness; (iii) GoPro’s use or sublicense of the UGC, Appearances, or Third-Party Materialsas contemplated by this Agreement will not infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s intellectual property rights, rights of publicity or privacy, moral rights or any applicable law or regulation; (iv) Your agreement to the terms and conditions of this Agreement will not violate or conflict with any obligations owed by You to a third party; and (v) you will comply with all laws, rules and regulations applicable to this Agreement.
- INDEMNITY. You will indemnify, defend and hold GoPro harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, damages, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising from or related to: (a) breach of any of Your representations and warranties in this Agreement; (b) any third party claim that the UGC or Appearances, or GoPro’s use thereof, infringe, misappropriate or violate such third party’s intellectual property or other third party rights and (c) any third party claim that is based on any act or omission of You that results in personal injury, death, property damage or the violation of any law, ordinance or regulation.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT WILL GOPRO BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFITS, USE OR OTHER ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE), REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT OR GOPRO'S USE OF THE CONTENT AND APPEARANCES, EVEN IF GOPRO HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. GOPRO’S TOTAL, CUMULATIVE LIABILITY TO YOU ARISING FROM OR IN RELATION TO THIS AGREEMENT WILL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID BY GOPRO TO YOU PURSUANT TO THIS AGREEMENT. Notwithstanding the provisions of this Section 8, nothing in this Agreement excludes or limits or purports to exclude or limit the liability of either party for: (a) death or personal injury resulting from negligence; (b) any damage or liability incurred by a party as a result of fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation by the other party; or (c) for any liability which cannot be excluded or limited by applicable law.
- GENERAL. This This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, excluding that body of law known as conflict of laws. Any legal action or proceeding arising under this Agreement will be brought exclusively in the federal or state courts located in the Northern District of California and the parties irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction and venue therein. You may not assign or transfer this Agreement without GoPro’s prior written consent, and any attempt to do so will be void. GoPro may freely assign this Agreement. The failure by either party to enforce any provision of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of future enforcement of that or any other provision. Any waiver, modification or amendment of this Agreement will be effective only if in writing and signed by both parties. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable or invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent possible and the other provisions will remain in full force and effect. This Agreement is the complete and exclusive understanding and agreement of the parties regarding its subject matter, and supersedes all prior understandings and agreements between the parties regarding its subject matter. The parties to this Agreement are independent contractors and this Agreement will not establish any relationship of partnership, joint venture, employment, or agency between the parties.
GoPro MILLION DOLLAR CHALLENGE ADDITIONAL TERMS
BY PARTICIPATING, SUBMITTER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THEY PARTICIPATE AT THEIR OWN RISK AND THAT GOPRO IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PHYSICAL HARM OR DEATH THAT MAY BEFALL ANY SUBMITTER AS A RESULT OF PARTICIPATION IN THIS CHALLENGE. SUBMITTER SHOULD NOT EXPOSE THEMSELVES OR OTHERS TO ANY DANGEROUS, HARMFUL OR ILLEGAL BEHAVIOR OR ACTIVITY AT ANY TIME DURING THIS CHALLENGE. SUBMITTER AGREES TO ABIDE BY ALL APPLICABLE LAWS.
The GoPro Million Dollar Challenge (the “Challenge”) begins September 17, 2020 at 6am Pacific Standard Time (PST) and ends December 4, 2020 at 11:59pm PST. By submitting a Clip (as defined below), each Submitter agrees to these GoPro Million Dollar Additional Terms (the “Additional Terms”) and the GoPro Awards Content Submission Agreement.
Who may enter:
The Challenge is open to all GoPro HERO9 Black users who are eligible for GoPro Awards under the GoPro Awards Content Submission Agreement and conditions and have created a GoPro Awards Account.
Submission of a Clip constitutes a Submitter’s certification that he/she meets the eligibility requirements set forth in these Additional Terms and the GoPro Awards Content Submission Agreement. GoPro reserves the right to verify eligibility of any potential Award recipient. Receiving a share of the Award is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. All shares of the Award will be given to Submitters only, and the Submitter shall be the individual whose GoPro Awards account was used to submit the Clip. Each video may only have one (1) Submitter. Individuals appearing in videos are not eligible for a share of the Award unless they are also the Submitter of the Clip.
The Challenge is void where prohibited or restricted by law. GoPro reserves the right to cancel the Challenge or modify these Additional Terms at its discretion. GoPro’s decisions will be final.
All submissions must be raw unedited clips (“Clips”) shot by the submitter using the GoPro HERO9 Black.
All Clips must comply with the GoPro Awards Content Submission Agreement. For a Clip in which a person is recognizable, to be eligible for a portion of the Award payments you will be required to provide to GoPro a model release from the subject or, in the case of a minor, both of the subject’s parents or guardians prior to receiving an Award. Clips that violate or infringe upon another person’s intellectual property rights are not eligible.
How to submit:
To submit a Clip, navigate through the GoPro Awards portal, located at www.gopro.com/milliondollarchallenge during the Challenge period. All submissions are subject to these Additional Terms and the GoPro Awards Terms and Conditions. To be eligible for a share of the Award, all Clips must be shot with the GoPro HERO9 Black.
By submitting Clips through the GoPro Awards portal, Submitters agree to these Additional Terms, and the GoPro Awards Terms and Conditions applicable to that program, including the license agreement contained therein.
Selection of Award Recipients:
A panel of GoPro employees will select their favorite Clips to be included in the Million Dollar Challenge Highlight video. To determine which Clips will receive a portion of the Award, GoPro will consider creativity and originality, production quality, entertainment value, and use of new HERO9 Black camera features. Submitters agree to be bound by GoPro’s decisions, which are final and binding on all matters related to the Challenge. Recipients of a share of the Award will be notified when the Million Dollar Challenge Highlight video premiers on or around December 15 at 12pm PST.
Million Dollar Award:
GoPro will award an equal share of a total of one million U.S. dollars to each of the Submitter(s) whose Clips are used in the Million Dollar Challenge Highlight video (the “Award”). GoPro may choose any number of eligible Clips up to 100.
Each Clip shall have only one Submitter. If the exact same Clip is submitted by more than one Submitters, the first individual to submit will be the only Submitter eligible to receive a portion of the Award. Each Submitter is only eligible for a single share of the one-million-dollar Award, regardless if more than one Clip is selected for the Million Dollar Challenge Highlight Video.
Each Submitter’s share of the Award will be paid out through the GoPro Awards Content Submission Program within 90 days after the Million Dollar Challenge Highlight video airs on December 15, 2020. Only the person submitting the Clip is eligible for their share of the one million award dollars. Should there be any question as to originality of a Clip, or in the event that ownership of a Clip cannot be satisfactorily determined by GoPro, GoPro reserves the right to revoke the submitter’s share of the one million dollar Award.
Potential Recipients of a share of the Award will be notified through the GoPro Awards portal by E-mail (via the E-mail account used to sign in to GoPro Awards) on or around December 15th, 2020 , and will be required to respond (as directed) to the notification attempt. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of their share of the Award payment for the Million Dollar Challenge. The Potential Recipients will be required to execute and return model releases and other documents required by GoPro, including personal information sufficient to comply with tax reporting obligations, within a reasonable amount of time, as determined by GoPro in its sole discretion. If a Potential Recipient cannot be contacted by email after the first attempt to contact him or her, or if he or she fails to sign and return any model releases, or other required documentations including an affidavit of eligibility, within the required time period, the Potential Recipient will forfeit their share of the Award.