If you are experiencing any issues updating your Wi-Fi Remote, please read through the below troubleshooting steps to help get the update process completed successfully.
- Ensure the Remote, BacPac, and HD HERO camera are fully charged. Out of the box, the Remote should be charged for an hour before doing any updates. The Remote can not be connected with the charging cable when doing the update process, as this can prevent the Remote from making a wifi connection with the BacPac.
- Complete update of your Wi-Fi Bacpac, and HD HERO camera first.
- Power on all 3 devices (camera, remote, & Bacpac). Connect the BacPac to the back of your camera, and connect the Bacpac to your computer using the USB cable.
Remote status not being recognized as connected.
First identify whether the BacPac & Remote are communicating. The BacPac should show a solid wifi icon. If the wifi icon is radiating, it means that the BacPac is searching for a device to connect to and is not connected to the Remote.
If the BacPac is showing a solid WiFi icon to recognize the connection, then try the following:
- Refresh the device window.
- Close & relaunch GoPro Studio.
- Power cycle all devices, and relaunch GoPro Studio
If the BacPac is not showing a solid WiFi icon, even after power cycling your devices, then you will need to repair your remote to the BacPac. To do so:
- Power off the remote.
- Enter the WiFi setting of your camera, by short pressing the BacPac button. Select "WiFi RC", then "New", then "Yes". The camera will now enter pairing mode.
- Power on the WiFi remote while simultaneously pressing and holding the shutter button. This will trigger the Remote to also enter pairing mode.
- Once the devices are paired, the camera & remote will show a box with a checkmark. On the remote you will be prompted if you want to connect another, and you can select "NO".
Remote is connected and recognized, but update process fails.
If the update progress bar either freezes or triggers an unsuccessful error, then check the following:
Security settings – make sure you do not have certain security settings enabled, which may prevent file download & transfer (after completing update, please make sure you reenable all your security settings)
- The User Account Control should be turned off in Windows. Link to how to.
- Any firewalls that may be in place should be turned off
- Any anti-virus software that the you may be using should be turned off
USB connection - Basically, sometimes there can be a USB time-out, where the device can no longer communicate through the USB port to complete the download/update. So, you should follow the below steps:
- Disconnect any other USB devices
- Try another USB port (Must be USB 2.0 port), that is a main port on the computer – not external USB hub. USB ports on the back of any PC desktop will be a main port, and should be used over any USB port on the front of your desktop.
- Ensure the included GoPro USB 2.0 spec cable is being used
- Close all other applications – just have GoPro Studio running, and you may also need to restart the system if issues persist after following above steps.