What are you trying to do?
Check the software version of the camera.
Where does it apply?
- HERO4 Session
- HERO+ LCD
- HD HERO2
How to do it
There are three ways in which you can determine your camera's software version number:
- Start-Up Screen - The version number will be displayed briefly on the camera's LCD screen upon powering the unit on.
- GoPro App - In the GoPro App, enter SETTINGS (wrench icon), scroll down to CAMERA INFO, and look for the "Version" information.
- Version Text File - To locate this file, follow the steps below:
- Reformat your SD card in the camera, by using the delete all/reformat function in the settings menu. Here are links for how to do that if you're unsure: HERO2, HERO3 & HERO3+, HERO, HERO+ LCD, HERO4, HERO4 Session.
- After reformatting the card, record a photo or quick video.
- Take the SD card and connect it to your computer using an SD adapter to view the contents.
- In the MISC folder, you will find a version.txt file.
- Open the version.txt file.
- You can compare those version numbers to the current camera software versions listed in this article to see if your camera software is up-to-date or not.