GoPro Plus Is a Good Idea
The words "subscription service" might make you want to hit the snooze button, but GoPro PLUS gives GoPro users a whole lot of reasons to perk up and sign on. The $4.99 cloud-based subscription boasts a "you break it, we’ll replace it" camera protection policy, automatic offload of photos and videos from your GoPro to the cloud via mobile device, expansive cloud storage of those photos and videos, and the new addition of cloud-supported HEVC content access and storage.
The PLUS experience is truly end-to-end, allowing users to capture content in any mode, including HEVC, and use the GoPro app to transfer and save photos and videos to the cloud. That content can also be used with the Quik app to make a QuikStory – an automatically-generated video of your most recent content with transitions, music, captions and more.
The $4.99 GoPro PLUS subscription service includes:
- Camera replacement – If you break your GoPro we’ll replace it
- Mobile cloud backup on iOS and Android – The GoPro App now automatically backs up your photos and videos, eliminating the need to connect to a computer or buy new SD cards
- Unlimited photo storage and 35 hours of video storage, incl. HEVC content
- 20% off accessories at gopro.com
- Front-of-the-line priority phone and chat support
The new GoPro Plus is now available in the US for $4.99 a month with a 30-day free trial and will expand to global markets later this year. Visit the GoPro Plus page to sign up.