GoPro Black Friday 101: Learn a Little, Save a Lot
So, what’s the story behind Black Friday and Cyber Monday anyway? And do we really need to know anything beyond the fact that we’re going to get screamin’ deals on all kinds of awesome stuff?
If you want to drop some savvy shopper knowledge on your friends and family at Thanksgiving dinner, you’ve come to the right place. But if you’re thinking, “just show me the money, GoPro!” then we’ll save you the time … and money.
Beginning Wednesday, 11/21 (9pm PST) on gopro.com, you can score:
- HERO7 Silver for $229.99 - $70 savings: HERO7 Silver is the pinnacle of performance and price. It’s your 4K-shooting, take-it-anywhere camera with streamlined settings to make video and photo capture a breeze.
- HERO7 White for $179.99 - $20 savings: HERO7 White pairs well with any adventure without breaking the bank. It takes killer HD video and 10MP photos with all the waterproof, rugged goodness of a GoPro.
- HERO7 Black comes coupled with a FREE 32GB SD card, rechargeable battery and Chesty with purchase of $399.99 camera. HERO7 Black is the best of the best – our flagship camera with no expense spared to make it that way. Get insane video stabilization from HyperSmooth, bend your mind with TimeWarp Video, and stream live to Facebook and YouTube. People all over the internet are freaking out about how great HERO7 Black is. But don’t take our word for it. Just read this!
Act fast: These promotions end at 11:59pm PST on Monday, 11/26 so don’t miss your chance to get the best pricing of the year on the best GoPro’s we’ve ever made.
Now, for the real treat—a Black Friday/Cyber Monday “The More You Know” history moment:
- Black Friday began in the ‘50s, when people shopped in stores. ALL THE TIME. Because, no Internet. So, retailers got to thinking, “we should have some big sales on the day after Thanksgiving since most people aren’t working.” It worked so well that many stores’ sales from these events tipped them “into the black” (meaning, they made a bunch of money and became profitable for the year). And so, Black Friday was born.
- Cyber Monday is younger than 100% of people still reading this story – just 13 years old. Back in 2005 it wasn’t second nature to shop for anything and everything online, so dotcom stores began running sales to encourage shoppers to ditch their brick-and-mortar game and buy online. But why Monday? Turns out recreational shopping pairs well with our morning coffee at the office. So, while ‘Cyber Saturday’ has alliteration going for it, Monday is when online shops reported the most transactions, earning the holiday its name
And that wraps up GoPro Black Friday 101. Have a happy holiday, and stay safe out there you savvy shoppers.