GoPro App Gets Some Major Upgrades
Forced sign in? Ain’t nobody got time for that.
Today we’ve unleashed an update for the GoPro app that is probably most exciting because of the thing it DOESN’T do anymore… which is make you create an account or sign in to use it. Rejoice!
There are some really great new features, too. One cool thing worth tracking is the addition of GPS Performance Stickers, which allows you to add graphics to your videos that show how fast, far and high you were going. If you have GPS-enabled footage from HERO7 Black, HERO6 Black, HERO5 Black or a Fusion OverCapture, you can:
- Add stickers that display your speed or show speed changes over time
- Overlay the GPS path of your route
- Pinpoint your location using a map sticker
- Display the g-force you felt accelerating or changing direction
- Add the GoPro logo to your videos
Learn more about GPS stickers and how to apply them to your content here.
So, while GPS Performance Stickers make it easier to add benchmarks and milestones to your experiences, our new media gallery organization makes it easier to view and edit your content. Update your app and your items will be organized by date and time.
The GoPro app update also adds some great features to the Fusion user experience including:
- Fusion Media Stabilization - We’ve added rolling-shutter correction for all Fusion videos for a gimbal-like experience as well as automatic stabilization of your OverCapture footage for ultra-smooth results.
- Create a video from any Fusion 360 photo using OverCapture.
- Take photos from any 360 video or photo within OverCapture.
- We’ve updated the app so you can share Fusion 360 media anywhere you choose.