PROMOTION OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR DONATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, NOR WILL A PURCHASE OR DONATION IMPROVE ONE'S CHANCES OF WINNING
|Sponsor||GoPro, Inc ("GoPro") ("Sponsors")|
|Promotion title||GoPro For A Cause - IFAW and Raptors in China Promotion ("Promotion")|
|Promotion period||From January 24, 2017 at 12:01 AM PT through February 28, 2017 at 11::59 PM PT ("Promotion Period")|
|Drawing date||On or before March 15, 2017 ("Drawing Date")|
All winners will be notified on or before April 1, 2017 by 11:59 PM PST
All Porizes will be delivered on or before April 30, 2017 by 11:59 PM PST
|Winners||One (1) Winner|
The on (1) winner will be awarded one of the following items:
One (1) GoPro HERO5 Camera and a year of GoPro Care*
*GoPro Care is only available in the United States and is subject to the terms of https://gopro.com/care/terms. If the winner is ineligible for GoPro Care, then GoPro will substitute the price for one of equal or greater value.
|Price value||Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of a Prize: $478.00 USD.|
The following company or companies is/are not sponsors ("Non-Sponsors"):
Global Impact; IFAW; and Raptors in China
To participate in this Promotion, navigate to website at https://gopro.com/goproforacause and follow the steps to donate to IFAW and Raptors in China.
You also may enter the Promotion by sending a postcard with your name and e-mail address to the following address: GoPro For A Cause - IFAW and Raptors in China Promotion, 3000 Clearview Way, San Mateo, CA 94402.
NO ENTRY FEE. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Eligibility: Anyone that donates fifty U.S. dollars ($50) or more to IFAW and Raptors in China through the GoPro For Cause a Clause website during the Promotion Period and selects the box to opt-in to the Promotion will be automatically entered for the Promotion. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. Limit one (1) entry per person. Multiple entries will be disqualified. Employees of Sponsors and their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, fulfillment or other coordinating agencies, individuals providing services to the Sponsors through an outsourcer or temporary employment agency during the Promotion Period, and their respective immediate family members and persons living in their same household, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. Participation in the Promotion constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Promotion Rules (“Official Rules”). PROMOTION IS VOID WHERE RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED BY LAW.
2. Promotion Drawing: All Promotion entries meeting the requirements of these Official Rules will be entered into the prize drawing, to be held on or around Drawing Date at the GoPro offices located at 3000 Clearview, San Mateo, CA 94402. The drawing: will be conducted either by independent persons or a computer program that randomly chooses Winners from all eligible entries received and the random selection is final and binding.
3. Odds: The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
4. For All Prizes: No cash or other substitution of prize will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsors’ sole discretion. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value. The Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes and are not responsible for any lost, mutilated or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Winners are solely responsible for any and all taxes, if any, that apply to prizes. Winners are required to complete and submit a W-9 or W-8BEN to GoPro prior to delivery of a prize. Participation in the Promotion may affect the tax deductibility of your gift. Winners should consult their tax advisors for more detailed information.
5. Notification of Winners: Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Potential winners will be notified by e-mail and will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release within seven (7) days of the date winner-notification is sent. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize and/or where applicable an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, such potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that the potential Grand Prize winner is disqualified for any reason, the Sponsors’ will award the GoPro Prize Package to an alternate winner selected from remaining valid, eligible entries timely submitted. Only three (3) alternate winners will be selected after which the Grand Prize will remain un-awarded. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a prize winner, the entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail account specified in the entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. No automatically generated entries will be accepted.
6. General Rules: The Sponsors are not responsible for (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, postage-due, incomplete, illegible, misdirected or undeliverable entries, responses, or other correspondence, whether by e-mail or postal mail or otherwise; (ii) theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials; or (iii) phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties. By participating in the Promotion, entrant acknowledges that entrant has read these Official Rules and any other terms and conditions, rules, guidelines or policies applicable to the Promotion, and agrees to abide by them. By participating in the Promotion, each entrant agrees to release, indemnify, defend and hold Sponsors and their parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, sponsors and agents, including advertising and Promotion agencies, and assigns, and any other organizations related to the Promotion (the “Released Parties”), harmless from any and all claims, injuries, damages, expenses or losses to person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in the Promotion or acceptance or use of the prize or parts thereof, including, without limitation, (i) any condition caused by events beyond Sponsors’ control that may cause the Promotion to be disrupted; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Promotion; and (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE TO ENTRANT FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS OR PROFITS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE RELEASED PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE.
7. Additional Conditions: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Promotion and/or winning any prize, entrant/winner consents to the use of his/her name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, entry and statements attributed to entrant/winner (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes, including without limitation, inclusion in Sponsor’s newsletters, and the Sponsors’ websites, without additional compensation.
The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Promotion are compromised, without liability to the entrant, in which case prizes will be awarded in a fair and equitable manner among eligible entries received that are not affected by the problem, to the extent possible. The Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entrant or winner, as determined by the Sponsors, in their sole discretion. The Promotion are subject to these Official Rules and all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. As stated above, the Promotion is void where prohibited or restricted by law. By participating in the Promotion, you acknowledge that you have read these Official Rules and agree to abide by them and by the decisions of the Sponsors, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Promotion. These Official Rules are governed by the law of the State of California, excluding rules governing choice of laws. Any action, suit or case arising out of, or in connection with, this Promotion or these Official Rules must be brought in either the federal courts located in the Northern District of California or the state courts located in Santa Clara County, California, and you hereby consent and waive any objection to the jurisdiction of said courts for any such dispute.. By entering the Promotion, you agree that (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Promotion, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
The Sponsor reserves the right to change the Official Rules at any time. If Sponsor makes what it considers to be material changes to the Official Rules, it will post a notice on its web site, Official Rules, or within https://gopro.com/karma. Your continued participation in the Promotion signifies your acceptance of those modifications. If you breach any of the Official Rules, your authorization to participate in this Promotion automatically terminates.
9. Winner’s List: For a list of the prize winners, which will be available seven (7) days after the announcement of the winner, send your request specifying Promotion name and a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Prize Winners, GoPro, 3000 Clearview, San Mateo, CA 94402 within sixty (60) days of the last day of the Promotion Period. For a copy of these Official Rules, send a legal-size, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Promotion Rules, GoPro, 3000 Clearview, San Mateo, CA 94402 prior to the end of the Promotion Period. Vermont residents may omit return postage with Official Rules requests.
10. Sponsor Addresses: GoPro, Inc., 3000 Clearview, San Mateo, CA 94402
11. Non-Sponsors: The Promotion is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Non-Sponsors, and Non-Sponsors do not endorse the products or services of Sponsor or Promotion.