How to Resolve GoPro App Crashing or Freezing Issues
What’s the issue?
The GoPro App crashes, freezes up, or closes unexpectedly.
How to fix it
iOS and Android Troubleshooting
- Ensure that the GoPro App and mobile device are up to date with their latest versions.
- Force close the app and re-open it. Then check to see if the crashing or freezing still occurs.
- Force close other apps that may be running, but you are not using. This may free up memory on your mobile device and allow the GoPro App to run better.
- Restart your mobile device and then restart the GoPro App.
- The GoPro Camera Name may have a special character (e.g. ¥, £, ü, etc) in it. If this is the case, press 'Connect + Control' and tap on the wrench icon to open the Settings. Scroll to the Camera Info section and select the Camera Name. Finally, remove the special characters from the name. The GoPro App should no longer crash.
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback.