Follow these instructions to get the HERO5 Session to power on again:
- Disconnect the camera from any external power source and remove SD card.
- Press the Menu Button to see if any information is prompted on the camera’s Status Screen.
- If there is no response from the Status Screen, attempt to reset the camera by pressing and holding the Menu Button for 8-10 seconds. After releasing the button, leave the camera alone for ≈5 seconds and attempt to get a response from the camera by pressing the Menu or Shutter Button.
- If you're still unable to get any sign of life from camera, connect to a 5V 2A wall charger (5V 1A minimum), look for red LED illumination to indicate charging. NOTE: In a pinch, you can use a computer USB port, but we do not recommend using a multi-port USB hub when trying to charge the camera.
- If/when red LEDs illuminate, allow camera to remain charging for a few minutes.
- Remove the camera from charging source and attempt to get a response from the camera by pressing the Menu or Shutter Button.
- If provided with a response, allow camera to turn back off, insert the SD card and wait ≈5 seconds, then attempt to record a video.
If you are still unable to power on your HERO5 Session, check out GoPro Support Hub
for more solutions or contact GoPro Customer Support
to speak with an agent!