Please disconnect any BacPac accessories or cables from the camera and also remove the camera's battery and microSD card. Then, follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Please reinsert the battery into the camera, then use the GoPro USB cable to connect your camera to a USB port directly on your computer or to a USB wall charger that outputs 5V and 1A.
- Once connected to a charging source, you should see a red LED light up on the front of your camera within no more than a couple of minutes. If you do not see a red LED illuminate on the front of your camera within 1-2 minutes, please try using a different USB cable and USB port or charger. If you are unable to get the front red LED to illuminate with multiple known-good charging sources, please let me know if you happen to see any of the other red LEDs light up anywhere on the camera.
- Once you have the front red LED lit up, firmly press and release the Power button, and camera should power ON. If you cannot get the camera to power ON with this battery, please try using another battery for this test if you happen to have one available to you.
- If your camera powers ON with a different battery, then it's likely that your other battery is very low on charge, or has perhaps reached the end of its life. Follow step #6 for charging the battery that was able to power the camera ON.
- If do not have a secondary battery to try, please remove the battery in the camera and then connect the unit to your charging source (USB port directly on your computer, or 5V 1A wall charger). Although the red LED will not illuminate, try pressing the Power Button to see if the camera is able to power on.
- Disconnect your camera from the USB cable and remove the battery (if present), then reinsert the battery into your camera once more, then follow our recommended charging procedure.
The above steps should help get you back up and running. If you continue to experience any errors powering on your HERO4, please give our Customer Support Team
a shout. They will be happy to answer any questions and help out moving forward.