The best way to download content from a GoPro camera to your device is by using the GoPro App. Click here
to download the free GoPro App.
Here are some options on how to import those assets on your iOS or Android device to create a Quik video.GoPro App (iOS, Android)
Automatic with QuikStories
- Connect your GoPro (HERO5 or newer) to the GoPro App after you shot some footage. By default, the GoPro app has a 72-hour media lookback, but that time can be increased to 7 days(iOS only). Files will be automatically transferred and ready to make a QuikStory.
- Connect your GoPro camera to the GoPro App
- Select your GoPro footage and save it to the app's storage
- Open the "App" tab under the media section and select the clips you want to use for a Quik video
- Tap the Quik icon on the blue bar that appears
- All files will be imported into Quik, and you can begin editing!
GoPro Plus (iOS, Android)
- Access and share your GoPro content wherever you are
- Cloud Access to content, unlimited cloud storage.
- Access all your GoPro footage directly from Quik
Sync with iTunes (iOS)
- Add all your photos and videos to a folder that you drag in the folder "Pictures"
- In iTunes: go to your iPhone/iPad, then in the section "Photos"
- Check the option "Synchronize photos from"
- Choose the folder "Pictures"
- Check the option "Selected folders" and choose your folder with your medias
- Don't forget to check the option "include videos"
- Your medias will be found under the tab "All Photos / Photos" in Quik
- Go to the iPhoto app on your Mac
- Import your videos in iPhoto
- Select the asset you want to use and share them in an iCloud album
- On your iCloud-synced iDevice (iPhone or iPad), you'll see these new videos. It might take a few minutes to synchronize.
- You will find the albums in Quik under the tab "All Photos / Photos" in Quik
- Import your photos and videos to your Google Photos
- Choose the option "original size" in the Google Photos settings to have the best quality
- Your media will be accessible from the Google Photos tab, either in "All Photos" or in the individual albums
- Import your photos and videos to your Dropbox Account
- Your media will be accessible from the Dropbox tab, you will see each files
Quik Key (Android only)
- Insert your SD-card into the Quik Key and plug your Quik Key into your Android device
- Tap "Start Pairing" on your GoPro SD-Card
- Tap "Select" in the bottom right corner
- All assets from your SD-Card are now ready to be selected in Quik
- Download Android File Transfer
- Plug your device to your computer
- On your device choose "Use USB for File Transfers"
- Move your files from your computer to your device into the "Download" file for example
- You can find the Download file in "Gallery" or in "Albums" in Quik
- Be aware, Android does not support .mov files