GPS only works with:
- HERO5 Black, HERO6 Black, HERO7 Black and HERO7 Silver.
To display the speedometer on your video clips you need to do the following:
- Activate GPS on your HERO5/6/7 in "Preferences" / "Regional"
- When filming, make sure the GPS is locked: the GPS icon becomes white when it's locked, if it's grey, it means GPS tracking is not working yet.
- Download to your phone via GoPro App - other ways of adding the videos to your device may lose GPS data because of transcoding.
- Go in the Edit View and activate the "Speedometer" option
- If you get this message “GPS data too inconsistent” it means that the GPS lock was working during only 0 to 10% of the video duration so it's not possible to display speed because we don't have enough data.
Depending on your region/country you will see x/kmph or x/mph. You can check/change the unit on your device:
- IOS: 'Settings / General / Language & Region / Region Formats'.
- ANDROID: change the language of your phone