This list is not 100% comprehensive, other mics may work, but these mics are supported:
Supported by all cameras:
- All Rode VideoMic models
- Sennheiser MKE 440
- Sennheiser MKE 400
- Countryman Lapel (MEMWF05BD2-R)
- Sound Professionals SP-TFB-2
- Opteka VM-100 Video Condenser Shotgun Microphone
- Sony ECMCS3 Clip style Omnidirectional Stereo Microphone
- Shure VP83 LensHopper Condenser Microphone
- Generally, any Lavalier microphone is supported
|Microphone Manufacturer & Model||HERO5 Black & HERO5 Session||HERO4 Black||HERO4 Silver|
|Sennheiser MKE 2 elements ||N||Y||Y|
Rode TRRS style mics or lavalier microphones will need a TRRS to TRS Adaptor to properly work with GoPro cameras.
Check out this image to identify if your mic is TRRS style:
When using a TRRS microphone the customer will experience difficulties when connected directly to the GoPro branded 3.5mm mic Adaptor. They will need an adaptor like the one below for full compatibility.