To get started, make sure your camera and remote have a full charge and are powered OFF.Part 1 - Get your HERO7 Black camera ready for pairing mode
1. Power off your remote.
Part 2 - Get your Smart Remote ready for pairing
2. Power ON the HERO7 Black camera.
3. On the back of LCD screen, swipe down from the top of screen and tap Preferences.
4. Tap Connections
5. Tap Connect Device and scroll down to Smart Remote
6. Tap Smart Remote to enable pairing mode.
7. Now set your camera aside and pick up the remote.
1. With the remote powered OFF, press and hold the red Shutter button on the remote.
2. While continuing to hold the red button, press the white Power button once briefly. The remote will power on and show two arrows moving towards each other. You can let go of the red button at this time. Now the remote is in pairing mode.
Part 3 - Finish pairing the Remote and HERO7 Black camera
1. At this point, the camera and remote should both show arrows moving towards each other. After one minute or less, the camera and remote should pair.
2. The remote may ask you to pair another, press the Mode button to highlight "No", then press the red button to select it. Alternatively, you may see the pairing screen (arrows) and the number of connected cameras appear (typically "1"). Press the red shutter button on the Remote to complete the paring process.
3. The remote should now mirror the camera's front LCD screen, indicating that pairing was successful.