IMPORTANT NOTE – Reformatting the SD card will delete all existing footage on the card. Ensure that you save any desired videos or pictures prior to reformatting the card.
Formatting the SD card allows the camera to initialize it for use in your GoPro, and deletes any existing footage on the card. You can format the SD card:Using your HERO7 White, HERO7 Silver, or HERO7 Black
- Copy any desired files from your camera's SD card to your computer.
- Ensure that your SD card is inserted in your camera, then power the camera on.
- Swipe down from the top of the touch display, and tap on the "Preferences" icon.
- Swipe upward on the display and tap the "Reset" option.
- Tap on "Format SD Card."
- Tap on "Format."
- Record a short 10 second video to verify that everything is working properly.
This is the recommended process for formatting the SD Card for use with HERO7. For additional formatting methods, please visit How to Delete Files from microSD Cards
You should be good to go! If you still have an SD card related issue, please contact GoPro Customer Support at https://gopro.com/help