Note – Reformatting the SD card(s) will delete all existing footage on the card(s). Ensure that you save any desired videos or pictures prior to reformatting the card(s). Formatting the SD card(s) enables the camera to initialize them for use in your Fusion, and deletes any existing footage on the card(s).
Your Fusion camera allows you to format both cards, or each card, individually. We recommend treating the SD cards in Fusion as a pair in all processes, and therefore suggest formatting both SD cards at the same time.
- Copy any desired files from your camera's SD cards to your computer.
- Ensure that the SD cards are installed in your camera, then power the camera on.
- Press the side Mode button repeatedly until Settings (wrench icon) is displayed.
- Press the front Shutter button to enter the Settings menu.
- Press the front Shutter button repeatedly (5x) to access the Preferences menu (gear icon).
- Press the side Mode button repeatedly until "FORMAT" is highlighted.
- Press the front mode Shutter to enter the format menu.
- Press the front Shutter button to select "BOTH" and begin formatting both SD cards.
This is the recommended process for formatting the SD cards for use with Fusion. For additional formatting methods, refer to How to Delete Files from microSD Cards
You should be good to go! If you still have an SD card related issue, please contact GoPro Customer Support at https://gopro.com/help