There are three ways to update the HERO+ or HERO+ LCD camera:
- With GoPro Studio (Recommended)
- Wirelessly with the GoPro App
Update With GoPro Studio
- Download and install GoPro Studio.
- Launch GoPro Studio.
- Power the camera on, and connect it to the computer with the USB cable.
- If there is an update, the Camera Software Update window will open. Click Continue.
- Read the GoPro Firmware License and check the box to confirm you accept the terms. Click Continue.
- The camera software update will be downloaded and installed on the camera.
- Once the installer in Studio states it was successful, click Done.
Update with the GoPro App
Check out this article for instructions: How to Update Camera Software Wirelessly With the GoPro App.
- Go to the HERO+ LCD update page or HERO+ update page.
- Under "Other ways to update" click "Update your camera manually."
- Enter your Serial Number and other requested information, click Next Step.
- Click "Download Update."
- Click "Click here to download firmware."
- Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system.