- OverCapture lets you frame and punch out the perfect shot from your VR footage to create amazing traditional videos.
- You can create OverCapture videos three ways:
- Utilizing the bundled desktop software, the GoPro Fusion Studio App, to reframe and stitch your footage using the OverCapture option. From there, you can export your “punched-out” clips for editing.
- Using the GoPro Fusion Studio App to stitch your spherical footage, then importing it into Adobe Premiere/ or After Effects where you can use GoPro VR Reframe plugins to create OverCapture edits.
- You can create amazing OverCapture videos right on your phone with the GoPro App available for iOS and Android.
- Fusion’s two lenses are offset and have an overlap of what they shoot. This allows the GoPro Fusion Studio App or the GoPro app to analyze the content to create the best stitch possible. Both the GoPro Fusion Studio App(Mac/Windows) and the GoPro App (iOS/Android) are free and are available on GoPro.com
- Yes, Fusion was built in collaboration with Kolor team. Many of the underlying frameworks of AVP have been distilled into the GoPro Fusion Studio App.
- Fusion comes with the following:
- The GoPro Fusion Studio App – for Mac/Windows – To stitch and stabilize your Fusion content as well as apply color. The GoPro Fusion Studio App can also trim your Fusion content to be able to share on specific social platforms, in either spherical or “punched-out” 2-D content via OverCapture.
- GoPro VR Player – To be able to view your Fusion content on Mac and Windows devices.
- Adobe plugins – for Adobe Premiere / After Effects – To create OverCapture edits and other VR editing in the Adobe creative cloud.
- GoPro App – for iOS and Android – To preview, stitch, command/control, and firmware updates.
- The GoPro Fusion Studio App is available here on GoPro.com
- No, you cannot control the camera using Fusion Studio. It's only designed to import/edit/render your footage.
- These two features are still in development; we will continue to improve them over time.
- Upon install of the GoPro Fusion Studio App, GoPro plugins will also install if Adobe Premiere is detected on your computer.
- The GoPro VR plugins feature VR Horizon, VR Reframe and VR Layers, and can be found in Effects in the GoPro VR folder.
- Plugins do not work with Adobe Creative Suite (CS), CS6 and below. Compatibility starts with Adobe Creative Cloud (CC).
- The GoPro Fusion Studio App imports, stitches, colors and renders your content, readying it for multi-clip editing in Adobe Premiere (spherical) or other editing software (OverCapture clips).
- The Flat mode compensates automatically for white balance and preserves as much linear information in the image, so without color saturation and contrast/details enhancement.
- The GoPro mode gives to your stitched content the look and feel of GoPro Hero videos (hence GoPro saturated colors). This feature is currently in BETA as we are continuing to improve the software capabilities. Look for updates to these modes in upcoming builds of the GoPro Fusion Studio App.
- The GoPro Fusion Studio App works with Mac and Windows.
- The GoPro Fusion Studio App work on Windows 10 and MacOS 10.10, 10.11, 10.12
|Supported Operating Systems||64 bit Windows 10 in desktop mode only. 32 bit systems are not supported.||Mac OS 10.10.X or later|
|CPU||Intel Core i5 Recommended: Intel Quad Core i7 or better||Intel Core i5 Recommended: Intel Quad Core i7 or better|
|Graphics Card||Intel Iris 620 Graphics card that supports OpenGL 4.1 or later* Recommended: Dedicated GPU like AMD Radeon R9 290 with 4 GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 760 with 4 GB RAM or better Minimum Video RAM: 4 GB RAM||Intel Iris Pro Graphics (MacBook Pro 13'' or 15'' mid-2015) Recommended: Dedicated GPU like AMD Radeon R9 M370X or better Minimum Video RAM: 4 GB RAM|
|Screen Resolution||1280 x 800 (with 100% scale) Recommended: 1920 x 1080 or better||1280 x 768|
|RAM||8 GB||8 GB|
|Hard Drive||7200 RPM internal drive Recommended: Solid State Drive (SSD) If external, use USB 3.0 or eSATA||7200 RPM internal drive Recommended: Solid State Drive (SSD) If external, use Thunderbolt, Firewire or USB 3.0|