Please go through and read this article if you are experiencing any of the following issues with your Wi-Fi BacPac:
- Device not recognized when connected via USB
- Updating the firmware using GoPro Studio
- Updating name and password using GoPro Studio
To start, ensure the BacPac is fully charged. Out of the box, the Wifi BacPac should be charged for an hour before doing any updates.
BacPac not recognized by the computer.
- Make sure that device drivers have been installed, and are up to date. To check, click on start > control panel > device manager. Under Universal Serial Bus devices, you should find the device name if installed “WiFi BacPac”
- Do NOT use a USB 3.0 port (usually a blue port) – USB 2.0 only
- Disconnect and reconnect USB cable in both computer & BacPac ensuring a solid connection is made.
- The BacPac needs to be powered on. Note, BacPac does not need to be attached to the camera when updating just the BacPac.
BacPac is recognized by computer, but not being shown in the GoPro Studio device window (Works on all Mac Studio versions and Windows 12.5.6)
- Disconnect/reconnect your Wifi Bacpac.
- Try multiple USB cables/USB ports
- Open the GoPro Studio program. (Do not update if prompted to)
- Connect the Wi-Fi BacPac to your computer.
- Enter the Help menu and select "Device Window"(WINDOWS ONLY: Press Ctrl+D to open the device window if you do not see the option under the Help menu)
- When the screen prompts you to register the Wi-Fi BacPac, do not select the button to do this.
- Instead, you will now press power button that is on the Wi-Fi Bac-Pac and the Update button should activate after a few moments.
- At this point, you'll be able to either update the Wi-Fi BacPac firmware or change the name and password on the same screen.
BacPac is recognized by computer and GoPro Studio, but the update fails.
If the update progress bar either freezes or triggers an unsuccessful error, then check the following:
Security settings – make sure you do not have certain security settings enabled, which may prevent file download & transfer (after completing update, please make sure you re-enable all your security settings)
- User Account Control should be turned OFF in Windows. Here is a link which shows how to do this.
- Any firewalls that may be in place should be turned off
- Any anti-virus software that the customer may be using should be turned off
USB connection - Sometimes, the USB connection can time-out, and the device can no longer communicate through the USB port to complete the download/update. Please follow the below steps to resolve this:
- Disconnect any other USB devices
- Try another USB port (Must be USB 2.0 port), that is a main port on the computer – NOT an external USB hub. USB ports on the back of any PC desktop will be a main port, and should be used over any USB port on the front of your desktop.
- In your device manager, under "Universal Serial Bus controllers" all USB 2.0 ports will be identified as being an "Enhanced Port".
- Ensure the included GoPro USB 2.0 spec cable is being used
- Close all other applications – just have GoPro Studio running & you may also need to restart the system