- Media Mod
- HERO8 Black
- HERO7 Black
- HERO6 Black
- HERO5 Black
- HERO5 Session
What is the reserved power bias for external mics?
The reserved power bias for external mics is 2.5V.
What's the impedance of the external mic?
- GoPro mic input impedance is 2.2 kOhms in the STANDARD MIC and STANDARD MIC+ settings.
- GoPro mic input impedance is 47kOhms in the POWERED MIC and POWERED MIC+ settings.
- GoPro LINE IN input impedance is 8kOhms.
Unbalanced (3.5mm stereo)
SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT QUICK CAPTURE and HERO7 Black, HERO6 Black/ HERO5 Black/ HERO5 Session when using a Pro 3.5mm Mic Adaptor:
Non-Powered Microphones will not work when starting a video using Quick Capture (with the Pro 3.5mm Mic Adaptor). There are two workarounds:
1. Use a powered microphone if the customer needs to use Quick Capture.
2. If the customer is unable to use a powered microphone, simply power the camera on first and then start a recording.