There are a few different reasons why an export can fail when using Splice that we've mentioned below.Not Enough Space.
The most common cause of export failure is not enough free space on your device. You can view this by going to the Settings app > General > Usage. We recommend that you have at least 1 Gigabyte of free space. To make more space available, remove movies, videos, applications, podcasts, music, or pictures that you do not need on your device. You need to have roughly 2x the amount of space on your phone, as the video is large in order for the video to export properly. For example, if your video is 1gb in size, you will need to have 2gb of free space on your phone in order to export. This is because it needs to export using the phone's memory and also copy to the phone's memory.Video Formats
Splice is designed for use with videos captured with your GoPro, iOS devices and any other format that your device can handle. Creating projects that contain videos from other sources may result in unexpected issues.Photo Access
If you are using videos from other sources, it's possible that Splice does not have access to your Photos (to save the project to your device).
What Can You Try
- Tap on the Settings app
- Scroll down until you find the entry for Splice
- Tap on Splice
- Verify Splice has access to Photos.
- If none of the above apply, restarting your device works sometimes. Press and hold the devices home button and sleep button until the device restarts.
- Create another project and add the same videos or photos one by one. When you add a video or photo check to see if it exports.
- Do the same with music and then effects. This will isolate what is causing the problem.
If you continue to have trouble please feel free to reach out to our Support team here