Note – Reformatting the SD card will delete all data off of the card, so be sure that you save any videos or pictures you want to keep on your computer before reformatting the SD card.
We’re going to navigate though the camera’s settings menu to reformat the SD card. To navigate though the menu, use the front (Power) button to move through the various menu options and the top (Shutter) button to select them.
Here are the steps to reformat your SD card with your HERO4 camera:
- Power ON your camera with the SD card inserted.
- Press the front (Power) button repeatedly until you see Setup (gear icon) on the camera’s screen.
- Press the top (Shutter) button one time.
- Press the front Power button repeatedly until the trashcan icon is highlighted.
- Press the Shutter button one time to select the trashcan icon.
- Press the Power button until “ALL/Format” is highlighted.
- Press the Shutter button one time to select “ALL/Format”.
- Press the Power button until “Delete” is highlighted.
- Press the Shutter button one time to select “Delete”. Your camera’s LED will indicate that your SD card is being reformatted.
If you power OFF/ON your camera, and your file counter should show 00.
Important – Take a picture. This confirms that your SD card is successfully reformatted.