The Auto Upload feature lets you upload your content to the cloud and then view, edit, and share it from any of your devices. Once uploaded, you can use the Quik app on your mobile device to edit content from the cloud and share it with your friends, and your original files with remain on your camera's SD card.
FYI: You cannot upload exported videos directly from Quik for mobile or the Splice app to a GoPro Plus account. Those must be saved locally to your desktop computer and uploaded to your Plus account manually.Minimum Requirements:
In order to take advantage of this feature, you need:
- An active GoPro Plus account
- HERO6 Black or HERO5 Black or HERO5 Session
- GoPro App
- Home Wi-Fi network with internet connectivity
- NOTE: Wi-Fi networks that require acceptance of a terms & conditions agreement will not work for Auto Upload.
- Compatible mobile device
- Apple devices: iOS 10 or later
- Android devices: Android version 5.1.0 or later
- Supercharger or other compatible wall charger
- 3GB of free space on the microSD card
- Download the GoPro App to your mobile device from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
- Follow the on-screen instructions on the app to connect to your camera.
- If this is the first time you are connecting to the GoPro App, follow the on-screen instructions to subscribe to GoPro Plus. Otherwise, tap on the cloud icon next to the image of your camera and follow the instructions.
- The GoPro App will show a list of networks available to the camera. Tap on the one that you would like to use to connect to the network.
- Enter the password for the network that has been chosen. Tap ENTER PASSWORD; the setup process should be complete in about a minute.
- Once the setup process is complete, tap GOT IT.
- Connect your camera to a wall charger with an output of 5V 2A (5V 1A minimum). When the battery is charged, the automatic upload to the cloud will begin.
Once you set up Auto Upload, you do not need to connect your camera to the GoPro App to use the feature, nor do you need to keep your mobile device within range of the camera. The amount of time necessary to upload your footage is dependent on a number of factors, namely your network speed and amount of content.
Once the upload is complete, the camera's screen will display the completed status and, you'll receive a notification on your smartphone when the media is available to view. You can also check the upload status in the GoPro App or your online GoPro Plus account.