Stories copies the latest footage from your camera to your phone and turns it into an awesome video, automatically. Just shoot some footage with your HERO5 or newer camera, and launch the GoPro app.
Please view the minimum system requirements for Stories.
Optimized mobile experience introduced in HERO7 Black and continuing in HERO8 Black
- Improved Face Detection*
- White Balance*
- Improved Gyro*
- Smile Detection*
- Scene Detection*
* only capable in Stories with HERO7 Black and HERO8 Black
The camera uses advanced algorithms to find your best moments and automatically elevated them when editing with the GoPro app.
- The camera detects and identifies a scene category which improves auto white balance and color rendering
- Better Stories with improved color grading and intelligent tagging
- Includes: Underwater, Beach, Snow, Urban & Vegetation
How to use Stories
Make sure you have the latest version of the GoPro and Quik apps installed on your mobile device, as well as a HERO5 or newer camera that’s been connected to the app previously (view the full system requirements).
- Turn your phone’s Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on. Stories uses Bluetooth to search for photos or videos shot within the last 72 hours.
- Launch the GoPro app and pull down on the Home screen to search for new footage.
- Stories searches for photos and videos only (time lapse and burst photos are not supported). If new footage is found, Stories will ask you if you’d like to get your media. Tap “Get It” to copy files from your GoPro to your phone and get a Story.
- As footage is copied, photos and videos shot within two hours of each other are automatically edited into Stories. Your Stories will continue updating until all photos and videos have been fully copied. All originals remain on your GoPro.
- You’ll get a notification that states "Your Story is ready!" once your clips are ready to be viewed and/or edited. This notification cannot be turned off, as it is built into the app.
- Push Notifications can be set to Off by visiting Settings on your mobile device.
- Content shot in ProTune can be transferred.
- Shoot short clips! Stories works best with several short clips (rather than one longer video), and individual photos (Stories doesn’t use time lapse or burst photos).
- Only individual photos are supported, Stories does not use Time Lapse or Burst Photos. However, Time Lapse Video is supported.
- Shoot a mix of video clips and photos.
- For easier transferring, we recommend shooting in 1080p at 30fps or 60fps.
- HERO5 and newer cameras
- GoPro App
- Quik for mobile
- iOS Devices
- Android Devices
More tips & troubleshooting: