QuikStories copies the latest footage from your camera to your phone and turns it into an awesome video, automatically. Just shoot some footage with your HERO5 or newer camera, and launch the GoPro app.
Please view the minimum system requirements for QuikStories.
Make sure you have the latest version of the GoPro and Quik apps installed on your mobile device, as well as a HERO5 or newer camera that’s been connected to the app previously (view the full system requirements).
- Turn your phone’s Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on. QuikStories uses Bluetooth to search for photos or videos shot within the last 72 hours.
- Launch the GoPro app and pull down on the Home screen to search for new footage.
- QuikStories searches for photos and videos only (time lapse and burst photos are not supported). If new footage is found, QuikStories will ask you if you’d like to get your media. Tap “Get It” to copy files from your GoPro to your phone and get a QuikStory.
- As footage is copied, photos and videos shot within two hours of each other are automatically edited into QuikStories. Your QuikStories will continue updating until all photos and videos have been fully copied. All originals remain on your GoPro.
- You’ll get a notification that states "Your QuikStory is ready!" once your clips are ready to be viewed and/or edited. This notification cannot be turned off, as it is built into the app.
- Push Notifications can be set to Off by visiting Settings on your mobile device.
- Content shot in ProTune can be transferred.
- Shoot short clips! QuikStories works best with several short clips (rather than one longer video), and individual photos (QuikStories doesn’t use time lapse or burst photos).
- Only individual photos are supported, QuikStories does not use Time Lapse or Burst Photos. However, Time Lapse Video is supported.
- Shoot a mix of video clips and photos.
- For easier transferring, we recommend shooting in 1080p at 30fps or 60fps.
- HERO5 Black and newer cameras, and HERO5 Session.
- GoPro App
- Quik for mobile
- iOS Devices
- Android Devices
More tips & troubleshooting: