- HERO10 Black
- HERO9 Black
- HERO8 Black
- HERO7 Black
- HERO6 Black
- HERO5 Black
Turning On GPS
- Turn on your GoPro.
- From the main screen, swipe down (HERO10 Black and HERO9 Black, swipe left after swiping down) and tap [Preferences].
- Scroll to [Regional], tap [GPS] and turn GPS [On].
Getting a GPS Signal (GPS Lock)
To record GPS data, your GoPro needs to lock onto a GPS satellite signal. Once GPS found and locked, you will see the GPS icon turn solid on the camera display in the camera dashboard screen (HERO10 on the left and HERO5 on the right). To find a strong GPS signal, make sure you’re outside and away from large structures. Hold or mount your camera with the top facing upward. It can take up to a minute to establish a signal.
- GPS Performance Stickers do not work with Time Lapse Videos or Time Lapse Photos. For Fusion footage, they can be added to standard videos created in OverCapture.
- Available on iOS with GoPro app 4.6 or newer, and on Android with GoPro app 5.1 or newer.
* GPS Performance Stickers only supported on videos in HERO mode (MAX).
** GPS Performance Stickers only supported on OverCapture videos (Fusion).