To use GPS gauge or map stickers, turn on GPS before you shoot using a compatible GoPro camera. Then use the GoPro mobile app or Quik for Desktop to add stickers to your footage that show off how fast, high or far you went—all as the action unfolds.
Turning On GPS
- Turn on your GoPro.
- From the main screen, swipe down and tap Preferences.
- Scroll to Regional, tap GPS and turn GPS on.
Getting a GPS Signal (GPS Lock)
To record GPS data, your GoPro needs to lock onto a GPS satellite signal. Once GPS is enabled, you will see the GPS icon turn solid on the camera display, confirming that GPS has been found and locked.
|GPS ON||NO GPS Signal||GPS OFF|
Pro Tip: To find a strong GPS signal, make sure you’re outside and away from large structures. Hold or mount your camera with the top facing upward. It can take up to a minute to establish a signal.
- GPS Performance Stickers do not work with Time Lapse Videos or Time Lapse Photos. For Fusion footage, they can be added to standard videos created in OverCapture.
- Available on iOS with GoPro app 4.6 or newer, and on Android with GoPro app 5.1 or newer.
Compatible GoPro Cameras
* GPS Performance Stickers only supported on videos in HERO mode (MAX).
** GPS Performance Stickers only supported on OverCapture videos (Fusion).