Auto Upload is an exclusive feature of HERO (2018), HERO6 Black and HERO5 cameras. This feature lets you easily upload GoPro-captured content (videos, photos, time lapse photos, etc.) to the cloud with your GoPro Plus account. From there you can access your content from your mobile and desktop devices to view, edit, or share!
What do I need to use this feature?
You will need the following to use Auto Upload:
- An active GoPro Plus account
- HERO7 Black/Silver/White, HERO (2018), HERO6 Black, HERO5 Black or HERO5 Session
- GoPro App
- Home Wi-Fi network with internet connectivity
- NOTE: Wi-Fi networks that require acceptance of a terms & conditions agreement will not work for Auto Upload.
- Compatible mobile device
- Supercharger or other compatible wall charger
- 3GB of free space on the microSD card
You will need either:
- Android - version 5.1.0 or later.
- iOS - iPhone model 4S or later.
Yes you can!
- HERO7 Black, Silver, White: Swipe down on the touch display, then tap Preferences > GoPro Plus > Auto Upload.
- HERO (2018), HERO6 Black & HERO5 Black: Swipe down on the touch display, then tap Connect > Auto Upload.
- HERO5 Session: Press the Menu button to turn on the display, then press it repeatedly to navigate to Connection Settings > Auto Upload.
What chargers does Auto Upload work with?
You'll need a charger with an output of 5V 1A (5V 2A maximum) to use Auto Upload.
Does Auto Upload work when camera is connected to computer via USB?
No. Auto Upload works only when your camera is sufficiently charged and connected to a wall charger.