HERO9 Black: A Few Helpful Updates
Here at GoPro we are feeling the love for HERO9 Black and it’s coming from all corners of the world! From being hyped about HyperSmooth 3.0 to high-fives for 5K capture, we’ve seen reviews, unboxings and articles that we are stoked on. Check out some of our fave posts from the likes of Casey Neistat, YouTuber + world traveler Chris Rogers or get techie with a review by Engadget.
And while HERO9 Black packs a heavy punch, we are still working on making it even better. We have updates coming to improve your video and photo capture experience:
Firmware Update - Now available on GoPro.com or via the GoPro app
- Touchscreen Sensitivity – increased sensitivity to better register taps and swipes.
- Image Quality Improvements –
- Improved correction for colored dots (or pixels) in video modes, including TimeWarp, time lapse and LiveBurst, especially with lower ISO settings
- Protune Medium Sharpness has been fine-tuned for 4k video modes
- Connectivity – bug fix keeps GoPro app pairing on point.
Nov. – v1.5 Firmware Release
- Slow-Mo Shortcut – introducing a new slow-mo shortcut option for rear display.
- HyperSmooth 3.0 – we’re improving HyperSmooth performance even more in colder temperatures.
- External Mic – connectivity enabled for the 3.5mm Mic Adapter.
What about a Remote Control? – YES, you can use voice commands and the GoPro app to control your HERO9 Black, but sometimes you just need that handy remote to make the magic happen at the right time. We are developing a new Remote Control for HERO9, as the previous GoPro Smart Remote is not compatible. Stay tuned to The Inside Line for availability of the new Remote.