HERO9 Black Gets Feature-Rich Firmware Update + Works with Brand New GoPro Smart Remote
Here at GoPro we are feeling the love for HERO9 Black and it’s coming from all corners of the world! From being hyped about HyperSmooth 3.0 to high-fives for 5K capture, we’ve seen reviews, unboxings and articles that we are stoked on. Check out some of our fave reviews here!
And while HERO9 Black packs a heavy punch, we are still working on making it even better. We have updates coming to improve your video and photo capture experience via the v1.5 firmware update. This includes:
- Up to 30% faster wireless offload speeds for faster transfers to the GoPro app.
- Improved HyperSmooth 3.0 performance in cold temperatures.
- A slo-mo shortcut slider button.
- Improved GPS lock accuracy.
- Support for live streaming with the Max Lens Mod, bringing HyperSmooth video stabilization, ultra-wide 155° Max SuperView perspective and powerful in-camera horizon lock to live streaming.
- Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter support for those seeking an elevated audio input option outside of using the Media Mod for HERO9 Black.
Firmware updates are also available for HERO8 Black and GoPro MAX today that increase wireless transfer speeds by up to 15% and 20%, respectively. And these firmware updates for HERO9 Black, HERO8 Black and MAX most notably enable compatibility with the latest GoPro accessory, The Remote.
Learn more about The Remote here and about HERO9 Black here.