GoPro Plus Terms and Conditions
Last updated on May 12, 2020
Your use of GoPro Plus Subscription product ("Plus" or "Subscription") is governed by these GoPro Plus Terms and Conditions ("Plus Terms"), which are described in further detail below. The following points are particularly important:
- By ticking the box and completing registration, You agree to be bound by these Plus Terms.
- Subscriptions automatically renew until cancelled.
- During the Free Introductory Trial (defined is Section 3), You are able to exercise Your right of withdrawal, in accordance with Section 6, at any time without an obligation to pay the Fee.
- After the Free Introductory Trial, You have an obligation to pay the Fee.
- You may cancel Your Subscription at any time, effective at the end of the billing period. You can use Plus until your cancellation is effective and no refund will be issued.
- The cost of Plus is disclosed prior to purchase and confirmed via email following purchase.
- If You purchase a Subscription through an AppStore, such as Apple or Google Play, You must use the tools made available by those services to manage and/or cancel Your Subscription.
- The Free Introductory Trial requires You to provide us with a payment method that will be charged for a Subscription once the Free Introductory Trial period expires, unless you cancel your Subscription in accordance with Section 6.
- Offers may be subject to additional limitations, which will be presented to You at the time of offer.
- These Plus Terms do not substitute or otherwise take away any rights You may have in respect of the GoPro Warranty for Eligible Equipment.
The entity you are contracting with is GoPro Inc. The GoPro Plus services may be delivered to You by any of the affiliates of GoPro.
You agree to these Plus Terms when you sign up for the Subscription. If You are not willing to be bound by these Plus Terms, You should not sign up for the Subscription. If You provide Us Your e-mail address, We may deliver to You via electronic means any notice provided for in these Plus Terms and Conditions subject to Section 7. Your participation in the Subscription is optional and You may prevent the Subscription from auto-renewing at any time prior to the start of the next subscription term. For more information, please refer to the section entitled “Cancellation”.
- “Eligible Equipment” means only GoPro manufactured equipment in the Eligible Equipment Table in Section 12.
- “Manufacturing Defect” means a manufacturing defect in the Eligible Equipment that is covered by the GoPro Warranty. For more information on the GoPro Warranty, please visit https://gopro.com/help/articles/Block/Warranty-Information.
- A “Trade In” occurs when You (i) ship Your Eligible Equipment to Us, (ii) pay a Trade-In Fee to Us, (iii) We receive Your Eligible Equipment, and (iv) We ship You Your Exchange Equipment. Your Trade-In Fee will be calculated as stated in the Eligible Equipment Table in Section 12.
- “Exchange Equipment” means the equipment that We ship to You when You submit an Eligible Equipment for a Trade In. Exchange Equipment:
- Is the same make and model as the Eligible Equipment and is of like kind and quality to the Eligible Equipment;
- Is either new or refurbished, and may contain original or non-original parts; and
- Is only available while supplies last and We reserve the right at any time to stop manufacturing any Exchange Equipment.
- “Effective Date” is the date you sign up for the Subscription as identified on Your Receipt.
- “Receipt” means the order confirmation you receive when you complete registration for Your Subscription which identifies, at a minimum, the Effective Date and Fees.
- “Trade-In Fee” means the price that You pay for Exchange Equipment when You submit an Eligible Equipment for a Trade In as listed in the Eligible Equipment Table in Section 12. The Trade-In Fee is additional to the Fee.
- “We”, “Us”, “Our”, and “GoPro” means GoPro Inc.
- “You” and “Your” means the person who purchased this Subscription.
- PLUS Benefits.
- Trade In: If You want to Trade In Your Eligible Equipment for any reason during Your Subscription, (and you reside in an eligible country), We will exchange it for Exchange Equipment.
- If the reason for Your Trade In request is covered by the GoPro Warranty, it will not be considered a Trade In and You will not be charged a Trade-In Fee. For more information on the GoPro Warranty please see https://gopro.com/help/articles/Block/Warranty-Information
- If the reason for Your Trade In is not covered by the GoPro Warranty, You will be charged the Trade-In Fee. Once shipped, the Exchange Equipment immediately becomes Eligible Equipment for the remainder of Your Subscription.
- If We receive Your Eligible Equipment solely under the GoPro Warranty for a defect that is not covered by the GoPro Warranty, We will treat the received Eligible Equipment as a Trade-In. GoPro will allow You to reject the treatment of such equipment as a Trade In, prior to charging you the applicable Trade-In Fee.
- GoPro Plus Premium Support. GoPro Plus Premium Support may include, but is not limited to, priority handling of contacts and claims, and extended service hours. You will only have access to GoPro Plus Premium Support during Your Subscription.
- Cloud storage. Your Subscription includes unlimited cloud storage; limited to content captured with a GoPro device (excluding Fusion) or any GoPro application. For more information on the cloud storage visit Us at https://shop.gopro.com/subscription/plus/GoProPlusMonthly.html.
- Discounts: Discounts on up to 10 eligible mounts and accessories per anniversary year as described at GoPro PLUS Accessory Discounts. Discounts are subject to change without prior notice and subject to availability. Applicable discounts and prices for mounts and accessories will be disclosed prior to purchase.
- Free Introductory Trial. Your Subscription may begin with a free trial (the “Free Introductory Trial”) that permits free access to Plus for new subscribers for a period of time specified when you sign up for Plus. You will be required to provide a credit card or other payment method at the start of the Free Introductory Trial in order to ensure uninterrupted access to the Subscription after the expiration of the Free Introductory Trial. Your Free Introductory Trial will automatically convert into a paid Subscription and Your payment method will be charged as set forth in Section 5 unless You have cancelled Your Subscription or performed Your right of withdrawal as set forth in Section 6 before the end of the Free Introductory Trial. If you cancel during the Free Introductory Trial, you may continue to use Plus until the end of the Free Introductory Trial. You may not receive a notice from Us that Your Free Introductory Trial has ended or that the paying portion of Your Subscription has begun. You are only permitted one Free Introductory Trial. If Your Subscription is ever terminated for any reason, and You purchase a second Subscription, You shall not be eligible for a Free Introductory Trial on Your second Subscription.
- Account Registration. In order to access or use certain features of the Subscription, You may be required to create a GoPro account (“Account”) and become a “Registered User” of the Subscription. During the registration process You will be required to provide certain information and establish a username and a password. You agree to provide accurate, current and complete information during the registration process and at other times when You use the Subscription and to update such information to keep it accurate, current and complete. GoPro reserves the right to refuse to keep Accounts for, or provide services to, any individual, if GoPro has a valid reason thereto. GoPro reserves the right to suspend or terminate Your Account, after sufficient notice, if any information provided during the registration process or at other times proves to be inaccurate, not current or incomplete. You are responsible for safeguarding Your password. You agree not to disclose Your password to any third party and to take sole responsibility for any activities or actions under Your Account, whether or not You have authorized such activities or actions. You will immediately notify GoPro of any unauthorized use of Your Account.
- Automatic Renewal Terms. The subscription fee for Plus and any other applicable charges including taxes, transaction fees or other charges (collectively, the “Fee”) will be charged to your payment method on the billing date indicated on the website, the Receipt and/or in Your account settings. The Fee will be stated on Our website when you sign up or modify your account. In addition, the Fees will be stated on Your Receipt and/or in Your account settings. Your Subscription will continue and automatically renew for the applicable subscription term you selected when signing up for or modifying your account (e.g. monthly, annually or, if applicable, some other term) unless cancelled in accordance with Section 6. GoPro, or, if applicable, the third-party through which you registered (the “AppStore”), will charge the Fee to your payment method on the expiration of the Free Introductory Trial and recurring based on your Subscription term (monthly, annually, or, if applicable, some other period). You will be asked to authorize, and by accepting these terms You hereby expressly authorize, GoPro or the applicable third-party to make such charges to Your payment method. Following registration on our website, We will send You a copy of the Receipt to the email address You provide within a reasonable time.
- During the Free Introductory Trial, You have the right to withdraw from the Contract without giving any reason and without any obligation to pay the Fee. You can exercise Your right of withdrawal by selecting the cancel Subscription option within Your account settings, linked here. If You exercise Your right of withdrawal, You may continue to use Plus until the end of Your Free Introductory Trial.
- After the Free Introductory Trial, Your Subscription will continue unless and until You cancel Your Subscription or We terminate, cancel, suspend or disable it if We have a valid reason thereto. You may cancel Your Subscription any time before Your renewal and avoid billing of the next period’s Fee to Your chosen payment method. You may cancel Your Subscription by selecting the cancel Subscription option within Your account settings, linked here, or, if applicable, through the AppStore. Your cancellation will be effective as of the last day of the period for which you paid a Fee. You may continue to use Plus until your cancellation is effective and no refund will be issued unless required by applicable law.
- Agreement to Receive Electronic Communications. By ticking the respective checkbox when enrolling in Plus, You provide opt-in consent to receive marketing notifications from GoPro electronically to the email address You provide to Us. If You have consented to receiving marketing emails, You have the right to unsubscribe by clicking on the link provided in the footer of every marketing email sent by Us. We may send you functional emails containing information regarding Your Subscription and the functionalities of GoPro Plus. You have the ability to store such electronic communications such that they remain accessible to You in an unchanged form.
- Modification of Plus Subscription and Terms. GoPro reserves the right to modify, terminate or impose additional terms and conditions to the Plus Subscription and these Plus Terms at any time by posting updated Plus Terms. GoPro will give you advance notice of any material changes. Except as otherwise provided in these Plus Terms or otherwise communicated to you, any material price changes or changes to your Subscription will take effect at the end of your current paid term. Your continued use of the Subscription after we have posted the modification or, if applicable, receiving notice of the changes will constitute Your acceptance of the changes. We may also ask you to acknowledge your acceptance of the modified Plus Terms. If you do not agree to any material changes, You may cancel Your Subscription as described above in the “Cancellation” section.
- Credit Card Billing. Credit card payments to GoPro are processed by First Data Corporation, Our third-party payment processor. If any fee is not paid in a timely manner, or We are unable to process Your transaction using the credit card information provided, We reserve the right to revoke access to Your Plus account. If You do not bring Your balance current within thirty (30) days after We provide You with notification that Your account is in arrears, We reserve the right to suspend, disable, cancel or terminate Your access to Plus. You will be responsible for paying all past due amounts even if Your account is suspended, disabled, cancelled or terminated for nonpayment or for otherwise violating the Contract or other applicable laws. If Your payment details change, Your card provider may provide Us with updated card details. We may use these new details in order to help prevent any interruption to the Subscription. If You want to use a different payment method or if there is a change in payment method, please visit Your Account Settings Page to update Your billing information. We will advise You by email if We use a new payment method.
- Credits. At any time, and for any reason, We may provide a discount, credit, or other consideration to some or all of Our users (“Credits”). The amount and form of such Credits, and the decision to provide them, are at Our sole and absolute discretion. The provision of Credits in one instance does not entitle You to Credits in the future for similar instances, nor does it obligate Us to provide Credits in the future, under any circumstances. In no circumstances will You be entitled to receive cash in lieu of a Credit.
- How to Initiate a Trade In.
- To initiate a Trade In, please contact GoPro Premium Support. GoPro Premium Support will help take You step-by-step through the Trade In process.
- Upon completion of Your Trade In request, You will be charged the applicable Trade-In Fee, unless otherwise specified in these Plus Terms or otherwise communicated to You.
- We will mail You return shipping packaging with instructions regarding packing Your Eligible Equipment and returning it to Us.
- You will return Your Eligible Equipment to Us and we will send you Your Exchange Equipment. We reserve the right to charge Your credit card the full retail price of Your Eligible Equipment and any applicable shipping or restocking fees if we do not receive Your Eligible Equipment within the time period specified by GoPro Premium Customer Service. We will notify you in advance of the full retail price of the Exchange Equipment, the shipping fee and restocking fee.
- Limits. A maximum of two (2) Trade In's of Eligible Equipment for any reason will be allowed during a twelve (12) month period, beginning on the billing date. Unused Trade In’s do not carry over into the next 12-month period. If You use 2 Trade In’s during a 12-month period, You are not eligible for any other Trade In’s until the next 12-month period begins.
- Eligible Equipment Table: including Fees by Currency
- What is not included in the Subscription and what are the limitations?
- The Subscription does not cover:
- Issues covered under the GoPro Warranty while such warranty is in effect. For more information on the GoPro Warranty, please visit https://gopro.com/help/articles/Block/Warranty-Information;
- Loss or theft of Eligible Equipment;
- Any GoPro equipment not listed in the Eligible Equipment Table;
- Eligible Equipment with a serial number that has been altered, defaced or removed, or has been modified to alter its functionality or capability;
- Contraband or property in the course of illegal transportation or trade;
- Exchange Equipment in transit to You;
- Consumable items, such as batteries (one standard battery will be provided with Exchange Equipment on approved Trade In’s);
- Battery chargers (one standard charger will be provided with Exchange Equipment on approved Trade In’s); or
- Any third-party accessories or equipment not manufactured by Us including but not limited to mounts, memory cards or other external storage devices, color face plates, personalized data, or customized software.
- Your credit card will be assessed the full retail cost of the Exchange Equipment, and the shipping fee and restocking fee (which will be notified to You in advance), if:
- You do not ship Your Eligible Equipment using the return shipping packaging GoPro provides;
- Your Eligible Equipment does not match the make, model and condition in Your Trade In request;
- You do not have ownership of the Eligible Equipment or the Eligible Equipment was reported as lost or stolen, or was purchased with government funds.
- Warranties and Representations. As regards the Subscription to Plus, You warrant and represent the following:
- You are of at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- You are authorized to Trade In Your Eligible Equipment to GoPro and that You have ownership, title and interest in any Eligible Equipment for Trade In, and that the device has not been reported as lost or stolen, and was not purchased with government funds. By submitting Eligible Equipment for a Trade In, You will transfer all ownership, title and interest in the device to GoPro.
- When submitting Eligible Equipment for a Trade In, You will delete all personal information and data ("Content") from Your Eligible Equipment and retain all accessories and memory cards. Refer to the Eligible Equipment user guide or the manufacturer's Website for instructions regarding Content clearing and memory. Any Eligible Equipment You submit for Trade In will not be returned to You, and any Content cannot be recovered.
- You will accurately represent the make, model and condition of Your Eligible Equipment in Your Trade In.
- Dispute Resolution.
- We will try to resolve any disputes with You quickly and efficiently if You are not satisfied with Your Subscription. In such case, We invite You to contact Us as soon as possible by any of the methods described in Section 20 (Contacting GoPro).
- If We are unable to resolve a dispute with You using our internal complaint handling procedure, We will notify You as such. The EU Commission has provided for an internet platform for online dispute resolution ("ODR Platform"). You may file Your complaint with this ODR Platform. The ODR platform serves as point for an alternative dispute resolution with regard to contractual obligations from online contracts. The Platform is accessible via ODR Platform.
- We do not take part in dispute resolution procedures before a consumer conciliation body.
- Entire Agreement. This Contract constitutes the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between GoPro and You regarding the Subscription, and this Contract supersedes and replaces any and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between GoPro and You regarding the Subscription.
- Assignment. Except as otherwise stated herein, You may not assign or transfer the Contract, by operation of law or otherwise, without GoPro’s prior written consent. Any attempt by You to assign or transfer this Contract, without such consent, will be null and of no effect. GoPro may assign or transfer this Contract, at its sole discretion, without restriction provided this is not to Your detriment. In the case of an assignment of the Contract by GoPro (not including as a consequence of the transfer of all or part of GoPro's business), You have the right to dissolve the Contract. Subject to the foregoing, this Contract will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
- General. The failure of GoPro to enforce any right or provision of this Contract will not constitute a waiver of future enforcement of that right or provision. The waiver of any such right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of GoPro. Except as expressly set forth in this Contract, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under this Contract will be without prejudice to its other remedies under this Contract or otherwise.
If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of this Contract invalid or unenforceable, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the other provisions of this Contract will remain in full force and effect.
To access the Contract for Your territory please change the country setting on the Site by clicking the country link in the top right corner of the pages. If a territory-specific Contract is not available, We will default to this English version.
- Notices & Contacting GoPro. Any notices or other communications permitted or required hereunder, including those regarding modifications to this Contract, will be in writing and given by GoPro (i) via email (in each case to the address that You provide) or (ii) by posting to the Service. For notices made by e-mail, the date of receipt will be deemed the date on which such notice is transmitted. If you have any qquestions about this Contract, please contact contact GoPro Support through gopro.com/support or by mail at:
3000 Clearview Way
San Mateo, CA 94402 USA.
- Insurance. This is not a contract of insurance.