How to update The Remote (HERO9 Black/HERO8 Black/MAX)
Before starting, be sure that your remote and camera have already been paired and that both have at least 20% battery life. Start the update with both your remote and camera off.
1. Download the update file to your computer.
2. Insert your camera's microSD™ card into your computer using a microSD card adapter or USB reader.
3. Transfer the update file to your microSD card.
Open a new Finder window and select Downloads on the left to find the GP_REMOTE_FW_01_02_00.bin file.
Look for your microSD card in the Devices section in the sidebar. It will be listed as Untitled (unless you renamed your card). Drag the update file to your microSD card.
Eject your microSD card by selecting the eject icon.
Click on the 'Windows' icon on the lower left corner of your screen.
Click on the 'Computer' link in the right-hand list.
Then click on the 'Downloads' link on the left side to find the GP_REMOTE_FW_01_02_00.zip file.
Right-click on the GP_REMOTE_FW_01_02_00.zip file, click "Extract All", and then Save.
Do not change the destination folder.
You will now see the UPDATE folder you just 'extracted' next to the original GP_REMOTE_FW_01_02_00.zip file you downloaded.
Look under the DEVICES section on the left of the Finder window. You will see your microSD card listed as 'NO NAME'. Drag the UPDATE folder to your microSD card labeled ‘NO NAME’.
Safely remove the microSD Card from your computer.
4. With your camera powered off, insert the microSD card into your camera and power it on.
5. Turn on your remote. The update should install automatically as your remote connects to your camera.
6. Press your remote’s Shutter button to restart and use your remote.