GoPro Authorized Reseller Warranty & Return Policy
GoPro Authorized Reseller Warranty & Return Policy
GoPro Products are guaranteed against manufacturer’s defects for one (1) year from the original date of purchase from GoPro. GoPro’s sole obligation in the event of such defects during this period is to repair or replace the defective part or GoPro Products with a comparable part or GoPro Products at GoPro’s sole discretion; if GoPro finds that neither option is feasible, GoPro may issue a credit memo. Except for such repair or replacement, the sale, processing or other handling of GoPro Products is without warranty, condition or other liability even though the defect or loss is caused by negligence or other fault. Damage resulting from use, accident, or normal wear and tear is not covered by this or any warranty. GoPro assumes no liability for any accident, injury, death, loss, or other claim related to or resulting from the use of GoPro Products. In no event shall GoPro be liable for incidental or consequential damages relating to or resulting from the use of GoPro Products or any of its parts. Because of possible user resealing error, GoPro Products are not warrantied against water housing leakage or any resulting damage. Please review and follow the instructions carefully when sealing the water housings. Returns or replacements of parts and/or GoPro Products may be subject to shipping, handling, replacement, and/or restocking fees.
Before requesting a return authorization, please consult the GoPro Troubleshooting Guide and attempt to identify the issue. Many problems can be resolved in a few simple steps, without initiating the return authorization process.
- All return authorization requests from retailers must be submitted on an official GoPro Return Authorization Request form. When submitting a Return Authorization Request form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, copying your inside sales representative for reference. Any return authorization requests must be made within 30 days after the product was returned to Distributor by end customer.
- A return authorization (RMA) number must be obtained from GoPro before the return of product. Any GoPro Product(s) sent without a RMA number will be returned to sender and a 10% repackaging/restocking fee may be assessed. Any return must be received by GoPro within 14 days of after Distributor’s receipt of the RMA number. Distributor may only return products that were sold to end customer by Distributor and shall provide evidence of this by documenting the product serial number and the corresponding serial number Distributor’s GoPro invoice. GoPro will not accept the return of any GoPro Products that GoPro has not manufactured in the prior six (6) months.
- If GoPro, in GoPro’s complete discretion, deems the GoPro Products defective, an RMA number and detailed instructions for returning the item(s) will be emailed to the Distributor using the email address provided on the Return Authorized Request form.
- All returns not meeting the requirements of this GoPro Authorized Distributor Warranty & Return Policy shall be subject to a non-conformance charge defined by GoPro in GoPro’s reasonable discretion. The requirements include proper labeling, routing guide compliance, packaging, and authorization. The quantities and model type returned to GoPro must match the quantities and model type specified in the authorization otherwise the return will be deemed non-conforming.
- If a return authorization is issued for Karma and the Karma received does not include all the components, parts, or products contained in the original packaging and/or does exhibit the product defect as indicated on the authorization, the return authorization will be rejected, GoPro Products(s) will be returned without credit issued, and a 10% repackaging/restocking fee may be assessed. For GoPro Products other than Karma, if a return authorization is issued the GoPro product must be returned in protective packaging without components (such as battery and SD card), parts, or products contained in the original packaging otherwise the return authorization will be rejected, GoPro Products(s) will be returned without credit issued, and a 10% repackaging/restocking fee may be assessed.
- The GoPro warranty only covers manufacturer’s defects for one (1) year from date of purchase. The warranty does NOT cover damage caused by user error (see statement above).
- GoPro will NOT accept returns of GoPro Products that do not have the latest firmware installed.
- GoPro will NOT accept return for cameras with water damage unless a GoPro Technical Support Representative has determined that a warranty claim is valid (Distributor must provide a GoPro Technical Support case number when submitting the Return Authorization Request). If the Distributor and/or end user needs assistance contacting GoPro Technical Support, the Distributor may contact their inside sales representative for help facilitating this communication.
- If the Distributor is not in possession of the defective item(s) and the end-user desires a replacement, the end-user must call GoPro Customer Support at 888-600-4659 for assistance. Distributor shall not request a return authorization in this situation.
- GoPro will not accept returns for any other reason than manufacturer’s defects arising within one (1) year from the original date of purchase. Specifically, and without limitation, GoPro will not accept returns due to Distributor’s stock rotation, Distributor’s purchase of GoPro Products in error, end of life products, end customer’s remorse or statements made in Distributor’s end customer warranty and returns policy except for manufacturer’s defects arising within one (1) year from the original date of purchase.
- Where GoPro determines, in GoPro’s complete discretion, to credit Distributor rather than repair or replace, any such credit memo will not be issued by GoPro until after GoPro has inspected the GoPro Products and confirmed the defect. Under no circumstances may Distributor deduct from or short pay an invoice in expectation of a credit until a credit memo has been validly issued by GoPro. The value of the credit memo will be the value of the returned GoPro Product(s) as stated on GoPro’s then current price list at the date on which the credit memo is issued by GoPro.