What's the issue?
The camera does not power on
Where does it apply?
- HD HERO Original
- HD HERO2
How to fix it
Disconnect any BacPac accessories or cables from the camera and also remove the camera's battery and SD card. Then, follow these troubleshooting steps:
- With no battery in the camera, use the GoPro USB cable to connect your camera to a USB port directly on your computer or to a USB wall charger that outputs 5V and 1A.
- Once connected to a charging source, you should see the red LED light up or flicker on the front of your camera. If you do not see a red LED illuminate or flicker on the front of your camera, please try using a different USB cable and USB port or charger.
- Once you have the front red LED lit up or flickering, firmly press and release the Power button, and camera should power ON within a few seconds.
- If your camera powers ON with no battery, then it's likely that you just need to charge your battery before it can power your camera again, or that perhaps your battery has reached the end of its life and needs to be replaced. Follow the next step for charging.
- Disconnect your camera from the USB cable and reinsert the battery into your camera. With the camera powered OFF, connect it to the charging source with the USB cable again.
With the battery in the camera and connected to the charging source, you should see the red LED light up on the front of the camera. This indicates that your camera is charging the battery. Once the red LED lights up, your camera should reach a full charge in 2 hours if connected to a wall charger that outputs 5V and 1A. If connected to your computer's USB port, it may take up to 4 hours to reach a full charge. Once the red LED shuts off, your camera's battery has reached a full charge.