The password would have been at least 8 characters, with no spaces or special characters. If you can't come up with the right password, we'll need to reset it.
Part 1: Reset the Camera
- With the camera ON, Press and hold the Settings button (on the side) for 2-3 seconds.
- While still holding the side button, press and release the Power/Mode button (front).
- Select Reset in the 'Reset Wi-Fi Settings' option.
Part 2: GoPro App New Camera Pairing Process
- Turn on your Bluetooth and open the GoPro App
- If Bluetooth is not currently ON you will be asked to turn it on
- Select the settings icon in the upper right hand corner OR tap 'Connect Your Camera'
- Tap 'Add A New Camera' and select either 'HERO4' or 'HERO3+ or older' press continue until the App asks you for a PIN number
- On the front of the camera, press the mode button until you see "Setup"
- Press the shutter button to go into the "Setup" Menu
- Press the shutter button to select Wi-Fi
- Press the mode button to scroll down to "RC&App" --OR-- "GoPro App" then press the shutter button
- Press the mode button to scroll down to "New App" and press the shutter button
- Enter your PIN number into the GoPro App and tap 'Pair'
- Create a camera Network Name & Password and apply changes
- The App will prompt you and with steps to join the new camera network from the Wi-Fi list in your iphones settings menu
- Once you are connected to the Camera Network return to the GoPro App
- Tap 'Connect + Control'
HERO3 & HERO3+
To reset the password, we need to re-update your camera network name and password by visiting our webpage here:
- On the first page, enter your serial number and registration information and then click "Next Step."
- On the next page, select 'Wi-Fi Update Only' with the blue check mark and click "Next Step."
- On the next page, enter your new camera name and password.
- Follow the rest of the on-screen prompts to complete the rest of the update process.
HD HERO2 & Wi-Fi BacPac
To reset the password, we need to re-update your camera network name and password using GoPro Studio:
- Open GoPro Studio connect your Wi-Fi BacPac via USB
- Open the "Device Window" by selecting Help > Device Window...
- Select the Wi-Fi BacPac from the list of devices
- Select "Change Name & Password"
- Use 8 characters for both the network name & password