If you are experiencing any issues updating your Wi-Fi BacPac, please read through the below troubleshooting steps to help get the update process completed successfully:
To start, ensure the BacPac is fully charged. Out of the box, the BacPac should be charged for an hour before doing any updates.
BacPac not recognized.
- Make sure that device drivers have been installed, and are up to date. To check, click on start > control panel > device manager. Under Universal Serial Bus devices, you should find the device name if installed “WiFi BacPac”
- Do NOT use a USB 3.0 port (usually a blue port) – USB 2.0 only
- Disconnect and reconnect USB cable in both computer & BacPac ensuring a solid connection is made.
- The BacPac needs to be powered on. Note, BacPac does not need to be attached to the camera when updating just the BacPac.
BacPac is recognized, but update fails.
If the update progress bar either freezes or triggers an unsuccessful error, then check the following:
Security settings – make sure you do not have certain security settings enabled, which may prevent file download & transfer (after completing update, please make sure you reenable all your security settings)
- The User Account Control should be turned off in Windows. Link to how to.
- Any firewalls that may be in place should be turned off
- Any anti-virus software that the customer may be using should be turned off
USB connection - Basically sometimes there can be a USB time-out, where the device can no longer communicate through the USB port to complete the download/update. So, you should follow the below steps:
- Disconnect any other USB devices
- Try another USB port (Must be USB 2.0 port), that is a main port on the computer – not external USB hub. USB ports on the back of any PC desktop will be a main port, and should be used over any USB port on the front of your desktop. In your device manager, under "Univeral Serial Bus controllers" all USB 2.0 ports will be identified as being and "Enhanced Port"
- Ensure the included GoPro USB 2.0 spec cable is being used
- Close all other applications – just have CineForm Studio running & you may also need to restart the system