This article describes the process to properly install the device driver for the Wifi BacPac in Windows 7 and Vista. If you connect a powered on Wi-Fi BacPac and GoPro Studio does not show it in the Device Window, this article applies to you.
Step 1- Turn off User Account Control (UAC)
Step 2 - Confirm that the Wi-Fi BacPac Device Driver is successfully installed on your computer
To check if the Wi-Fi BacPac Device Driver is successfully installed, follow the below steps:
- Browse to Start Menu > Control Panel > Device Manager.
- Locate “Other Devices” or “Universal Serial Bus Devices”.
- Click the arrow to expand, and you should see “WiFi BacPac”. If there is a yellow triangle with an exclamation point, this means that the device driver is not successfully installed
Since the Wi-Fi BacPac Device Driver is not successfully installed, we need to update the Device Driver manually.
Step 3 - Manually update the Wi-Fi BacPac Device Driver
To manually update the Wi-Fi BacPac Device Driver, follow the below steps:
- Right-click “WiFi BacPac”.
- Click “Update Driver Software…”. A new window titled “Update Driver Software – WiFi bacPac” will open.
- Click “Browse my computer for driver software.”
- In the new window that opens, click “Browse”.
- The following window will open when you click “Browse”.
- Browse to Computer > OS(C:) > Program Files (x86) > GoPro > Tools > Drivers > WiFiBacPac.
Note – if you do not see “Program Files (x86), select “Program Files” instead. The file path would look like this: Computer > OS(C:) > Program Files > GoPro > Tools > Drivers > WiFiBacPac.
- Click “OK” once you have clicked on WiFiBacPac and it appears in next to “Folder:”.
- Check the “Include subfolders” checkbox.
- Click “Next”.
- Your Device Driver will install. Once complete, the following window will open as confirmation. You can click “Close” to close the window.
Now that the Wi-Fi BacPac Device Driver is successfully installed, you should see the Wi-Fi BacPac listed under “Universal Serial Bus Devices” in the Device Manager window. There should no longer be a yellow exclamation point. This indicates that the Device Driver was successfully installed.
Now that the Wi-Fi BacPac Device Driver has been manually updated, GoPro Studio should recognize the Wi-Fi BacPac.
Step 4 - Confirm that GoPro Studio shows the Wi-Fi BacPac in the Device Window
Close and re-launch GoPro Studio, and you should be able to locate the Wi-Fi BacPac in the Device Window.