If your files are not properly displayed in the player window and instead preview as a black or a white screen, this article should help to resolve the issue.
- Verify that your system meets the Minimum System Requirements . If your system does not meet the minimum requirements, you will need to install on a computer that does meet the requirements for proper functionality.
- If your system does meet the requirements, then this generally indicates a graphics adapter problem. Check with your graphics adapter manufacturer and make sure that you have the latest driver available. Drivers must be from 2011 or later. Read on to find out how to update graphics drivers.
Laptop - If you have a laptop, check with the website of the laptop manufacturer to locate and download the latest graphics driver.
Desktop - You will need to go to the graphics card manufacturer's website.
Here are the page links for common graphics card manufacturers:
- NVIDIA: http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
- ATI from AMD: http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html
- Intel: http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/
If you are not sure what graphics card you have you can find it this way:
- Click Start
- Select Run
- In the Open box type "dxdiag", click OK.
- The DirectX Diagnostic Tool will open. Click the Display tab.
- Information about your video card will be displayed in the Device section of this window.
Mac OS X
- Click the Apple logo
- Select Software update"
- Install any Mac OS X updates available. These include graphics driver updates.