To determine if your HD HERO Original camera needs a software update, go through your settings menu and locate the LCO/LCF options. If you cannot locate this function, a software update is required.
Go to the Original HD HERO Product Update page and click the blue "Next" button.
- Click the blue "Download" button. The update file will be downloaded to your computer.
- Insert the SD card into your computer.
- Drag & Drop “firmware.bin” to the main (root) level of your SD card.
- Eject your SD card from the computer.
- With the camera powered OFF, insert the SD card into the camera.
- While camera is OFF, hold down the SHUTTER button (top button)
- NOTE: The SHUTTER button must be pressed down for the entire installation process. Do not release until process is complete.
- Still holding down the SHUTTER button, press the POWER MODE button (front button) once. Camera will power on.
- While still holding SHUTTER button down, once the file counter registers the SD card, press the POWER MODE button again (3 times) until the display reads “UP”. The red light will flash for 5-10 seconds before automatically shutting itself OFF..
Congratulations, your new camera software is installed.
If you are having trouble getting the update to take, try watching the video tutorials below:
** Please note while the video tutorial is done on a MAC, the same steps are taken on a PC.