You should be able to view the media on the SD card in your GoPro camera if you are connected to the camera via the GoPro App. If you are not able to view your media on the camera from the app, it may be due to an issue where you need to take a photo or a brief video before the media is properly displayed.
First, make sure that you are going to the correct place to view the media. When your camera is connected to your phone or tablet, you can press the GoPro Media button to display the camera content. The GoPro Media button is the one with 4 white squares that will appear when you are controlling the camera using the app. This button allows you to view thumbnails of any videos or pictures that are currently stored on the camera's SD card.
If you do not see any video or photo thumbnails after tapping the GoPro Media button, please take a photo or brief video using the app and then power cycle the camera. Here are some instructions on how to do that:
- Please return to the control screen of the App by selecting the “back” button in the top left corner.
- Tap the red “record” button to take a photo, and if recording a video tap the record button a second time to finish recording.
- To power cycle the camera tap the blue button showing a power symbol that lists the camera name. Wait a few seconds, then tap the same button on the App to power the camera back on.
- After completing these steps, tap the GoPro Media button and your videos and photos should be displayed.
If you are still unable to load the media recorded on the SD card, try this procedure:
- Please connect the camera to the computer and power it on. The camera should go into USB mode and display a USB and battery symbol on the front LCD screen.
- Save all the footage to the hard drive of your computer.
- Once your videos and photos have been successfully saved, disconnect the camera from the computer and reconnect to the GoPro App.
- Tap Connect and Control, then navigate to the settings menu indicated by the icon of a wrench. Scroll down and select Delete ALL/ Reformat to erase all the footage on the SD card.
- Once the SD card has been reformatted, return to the controls of the camera and take a test photo or video through the App.
After recording this photo or video, tap the GoPro Media button and the new photo or video should be loaded successfully.