Editing Tips & Tutorials: How to Rotate/Flip a Video in Streamclip
If you’ve taken a video upside down on your GoPro, no worries. Flipping it back up is easy. Follow these steps...
- Go to http://www.squared5.com and get MPEG Streamclip, a free video conversion program. Download and install.
- Open MPEG Streamclip. It should look like this:
- Now go to File > Open Files and select your GoPro clip. Or simply drag the clip into the MPEG Streamclip viewing window. It should look like this... (here’s Aaron Chase in a neat clip captured from his helmet camera. Notice that he is currently upside down. Not to worry.)
- Trim your clip. Set your in and out points by moving the playhead and hitting ‘i’ and ‘o’. You should see a shaded area on the timeline.
- Go to File > Export to QuickTime: (you can also export to AVI, MP4, and other formats)
- Almost done. Now you see the Movie Exporter box. You’ll want to do a couple things here. Starting at the top:
- Choose your compression codec. We use Apple ProRes LT.
- Set Quality to 100%.
- Make sure the box that says “Interlaced Scaling” is UNCHECKED.
- Click on the Rotation menu. Select ‘180 degrees’.