If you are experiencing a problem where your phone or tablet is disconnecting from your camera's Wi-Fi network, this FAQ should help top resolve the problem. Here are some of the messages that you may receive on your mobile device:
- Avoided poor internet connection
- Internet connection is unstable
- Internet not available
- Network disabled, poor connection
- Network disabled because internet connection is slow
- Poor Connection / Connection Lost
Follow these steps to try and resolve the problem:
- Forget the camera's wireless network via the mobile devices wireless settings, the re-add the camera's wireless network.
- There are a few Wi-Fi settings that will make a difference here. You can find them by going to the Advanced Wi-Fi Settings on the device. Note that not all devices will have all of these settings.
- "Check for Internet service". If present make sure this setting is unchecked. If this is checked the phone with try to verify if the access point has internet connectivity. Since the camera's Wi-Fi does not have internet, it results in an error. Example device: Samsung S3, S4.
- "Auto network switch". If present try disabling this setting. If this setting is enabled it will prompt the camera to automatically switch to a Wi-Fi network with an internet connection. Since the camera's Wi-Fi does not have internet, it switches to a different Wi-Fi network. Example device: Samsung Note 3.
- "Avoid poor connections". If present, make sure that this setting is checked.
- Apply the latest software update for your camera. If you have a HERO3+ camera, there is no software update available, contact support for assistance.