If the GoPro App crashes, freezes up, or closes unexpectedly, the following steps should help to resolve the problem:
- Force close the GoPro App and re-open it. Then check to see if the crashing or freezing still occurs.
- Force close other apps that may be running, but you are not using. This may free up memory on your mobile device and allow the GoPro App to run better.
- Restart your mobile device and then restart the GoPro App. Then check to see if the crashing or freezing still occurs.
- The GoPro Camera Name may have a special character in it such as ¥, £, etc. If this is the case, press 'Connect + Control' and tap on the wrench icon to open the Settings. Scroll to the Camera Info section and select the Camera Name. Finally, remove the special characters from the name. The GoPro App should no longer crash.
- If none of that helps, uninstall and reinstall the GoPro App.