HERO4 pairing process
Video Tutorial: HERO4 Pairing Video
- Open the GoPro App and select "Connect to Camera".
- Press the "Add A New Camera" button.
- Select "Add Your HERO4".
- On the front of the camera, press the mode button until you see "Setup".
- Press the shutter button to select into the "Setup" Menu.
- Press the shutter button to select Wi-Fi.
- Press the mode button to scroll down to "GoPro App" then press the shutter button.
- Press the "Continue" button in the app.
- Select your camera from the list (e.g. GoPro 1411....).
- Select "Pair My Camera".
- Enter the pin number that is listed on the camera's LCD Screen.
- Connect to the cameras Wi-Fi network.
HERO3/3+ pairing process
- Power ON your camera.
- Press the small Wi-Fi button on the left side of the camera as the lens is facing you.
- Press the small Wi-Fi button again and look at the camera’s LCD screen to see the Wi-Fi menu. Now press the Shutter button.
- Press the camera’s front Power button to highlight “GoPro App”.
- Note – if you don’t see “GoPro App” in the menu along with “Wi-Fi RC”, then you need to update your camera’s software before you can use the GoPro App. You can update your HERO3 software here: http://gopro.com/update.
- Press the camera’s top Shutter button to select “GoPro App”.
- In your smart phone or tablet’s Wi-Fi Network settings menu, connect to the camera’s Wi-Fi network. You should find the name of your camera listed in your available Wi-Fi networks for you to select. By default, the name will be something like “GOPRO-BP-….”. The default password is “goprohero”.
- Once connected to your camera’s Wi-Fi network, open the GoPro App on your phone or tablet.
- Tap “CONNECT + CONTROL”.
HD HERO2 + Wi-Fi BacPac GoPro App pairing process
To pair your GoPro camera with the GoPro App, please follow these steps:
- Power on your camera. With both units already powered on, attach the Wi-Fi BacPac to the HD HERO2 camera.
- Press the Wi-Fi button on the side of the camera or Wi-Fi BacPac to go to the Wi-Fi menu.
- Select “PHONE & TABLET”. This allows your phone or tablet to connect to the camera's Wi-Fi network so that you can control the camera.
- In your smart phone or tablet’s Wi-Fi Network settings, connect to the camera's Wi-Fi network. You should find the name of your camera/BacPac listed in your available Wi-Fi networks for you to select. By default, the name will be something like “GOPRO-BP-….”. The default password is “goprohero”.
- You can change the name and password of their Wi-Fi BacPac any time in GoPro Studio’s Device Window. The password must be 8-63 characters long. It can contain upper and lower case letters, numbers 0-9, and symbols "@", "-", and "_".
Still having trouble getting connected?
You may want to try changing your Wi-Fi Name and Password. If you want to change your camera's Wi-Fi Name and Password, you can follow the instructions in this article: