To pair your GoPro camera with the GoPro App, please follow these steps:
- Power on your camera. If you're using an HD HERO2 camera, with both units already powered on, attach the Wi-Fi BacPac to the HD HERO2 camera.
- Press the Wi-Fi button on the side of the HERO3/HERO3+ camera or Wi-Fi BacPac to go to the Wi-Fi menu. Note - you'll need to press the button two times if you're using the HERO3+ or HERO3 camera.
- If you have a HERO3/HERO3+ camera, select "GoPro App", or if you have an HD HERO2 camera, select “PHONE & TABLET”. This allows your phone or tablet to connect to the camera's Wi-Fi network so that you can control the camera.
- In your smart phone or tablet’s Wi-Fi Network settings, connect to the camera's Wi-Fi network. You should find the name of your camera/BacPac listed in your available Wi-Fi networks for you to select. By default, the name will be something like “GOPRO-BP-….”. The default password is “goprohero”.
- You can change the name and password of their Wi-Fi BacPac any time in GoPro Studio’s Device Window. You'd need to manually re-update the HERO3 camera software to change the name and password of the HERO3 camera. The password must be 8-63 characters long. It can contain upper and lower case letters, numbers 0-9, and symbols "@", "-", and "_".