If your Wi-Fi Remote isn't finding your Wi-Fi BacPac + HD HERO2 camera, you might need to pair the devices. This resolves the issue in most cases.
Here’s how to pair your Wi-Fi Remote and HERO2 camera + Wi-Fi BacPac:
To get started, make sure your camera, remote, and BacPac have a full charge and are powered OFF.
Part 1 - Get your Wi-Fi BacPac ready for pairing
1. Power ON the Wi-Fi BacPac and HD HERO2 camera while they’re NOT attached to each other. Then, attach them.
2. Press the button on the side of the BacPac to show the Wi-Fi menu on the camera’s front LCD screen. Note – another way to get to the Wi-Fi menu is by using the Power and Shutter buttons on the camera to find it in the camera’s Settings menu. Remember that the Settings menu is represented by a wrench icon, and the Wi-Fi menu is represented by a wireless signal icon.
Now that you’re in the Wi-Fi menu, you’ll need to select some settings. To navigate the menu, use the camera’s front (Power) button to highlight menu options. Use the camera’s top (Shutter) button to make selections.
3. In the Wi-Fi menu, press the camera’s front button until “Wi-Fi RC” is highlighted.
4. Now that it’s highlighted, you want to select it. Press the camera’s top button to select “Wi-Fi RC”.
5. On the next screen you’ll have some options. Once of them is “New”. Press the front button until “New” is highlighted.
6. Set your camera aside and pick up your remote.
6. Now we want to select “New”. Press the top button to select it.
7. If you see “Detach current remote?” Highlight and select “Yes”. After that, you should see two arrows moving towards each other on the camera’s screen. This means the camera is in pairing mode.
Now we have to get the remote into pairing mode while the camera is still in pairing mode so they can find each other. Note – the camera is in pairing mode only when its screen shows the two arrows moving towards each other.
Part 2 - Remote pairing steps
1. With the remote powered OFF, press and hold the red Shutter button on the remote.
2. While continuing to hold the red button, press the white Power button once briefly. The remote will power on and show two arrows moving towards each other. You can let go of the red button at this time. Now the remote is in pairing mode.
3. Put down your remote and pick up the camera again.
Part 3 - Finish pairing the remote and Wi-Fi BacPac + HD HERO2 Camera
1. "New" should still be highlighted on the camera. Press the top Shutter button on your camera to select "New".
2. If you see “Detach current remote?” Highlight and select “Yes”. After that, you should see two arrows moving towards each other on the camera’s screen. This means that the camera is in pairing mode. Note – the camera is in pairing mode only when its screen shows the two arrows moving towards each other.
3. At this point, the camera and remote should both show arrows moving towards each other. After one minute or less, the camera and remote should each show a checkbox on their screens.
4. If the Remote asks you to pair another, press the white button to highlight "No", then press the red button to select it.
5. If the remote shows a radiating Wi-Fi signal after the camera shows a checkbox, press the red button on the remote. This should make the Remote’s LCD screen mirror the camera’s front LCD screen, indicating that pairing was successful.