HERO4 & HERO3+ cameras have a built in failsafe to help reduce the chance of mistakenly losing footage from the micro SD card. While plugged into the computer with a USB cable, you still have the ability to copy your files from your camera into your computers hard drive, but you do not have the ability to delete them from the SD card in this way. Instead, if you want to delete content from the SD card you can use these options:
Use the Trash Can icon on the camera
- After you have copied the files from your camera to your computer:
- Select the Setting icon
- Navigate to the trashcan icon
- Select the option to either delete just the Last image or video, or more likely, select the All/Format option.
Use an SD card reader
You can delete files from the SD card or add files to the microSD card using a microSD/SD card reader.
Use the GoPro App
You can still copy and delete files using your smartphone or tablet once you have upgraded to the latest version.
- Select the GoPro Media Icon.
- Select Edit and then select the files to either copy or delete.