What are you trying to do?
Delete video or photos from a micro SD card.
Where does it apply?
- HERO4 Session
- HERO+ LCD
How to do it
The cameras listed above have a built in failsafe to help reduce the chance of mistakenly losing footage from the micro SD card. While plugged into the computer with a USB cable, you have the ability to automatically copy your files from your camera into your computers hard drive using Importer (so long as the "Automatic Delete" option is selected during setup/in preferences). As an alternative, if you want to delete content from the SD card you can use these options:
Use an SD card reader
You can delete files from the SD card or add files to the microSD card using a microSD card reader/adapter. Simply insert the microSD card into your reader and mount the reader to your computer.
Use the Trash Can icon on the camera
- After you have copied the files from your camera to your computer:
- Navigate to the camera's SETTINGS/SETUP mode (gear icon).
- Navigate to the trashcan icon.
- Select the option to either delete just the LAST image or video, or more likely, select the ALL/FORMAT option.
*NOTE: This method is applicable to the HERO4 Session, when paired with a Smart Remote.
Use the GoPro App
You can delete and download files to your smartphone or tablet, using the GoPro App. The app gives you the ability to selectively delete certain files, or delete LAST or ALL/FORMAT in the SETTINGS menu.
To delete certain files:
- Tap the GoPro Media icon (grid).
- Select EDIT and then select the files to either copy or delete.
To delete the LAST captured file or ALL/FORMAT:
- Enter the SETTINGS menu (wrench icon).
- Scroll down to DELETE.
- Select LAST or ALL/FORMAT.