What are you trying to do?
Check the software version of the camera.
Where does it apply?
- HERO+ LCD
- HD HERO2
How to do it
With the newer camera software versions, the camera will briefly show the version number on the camera's front LCD screen upon power it ON. This is the easiest way to determine the version that the camera is running on.
You can also find out what software version is installed on your camera by looking in your SD card's version.txt file.
Follow these steps to check your camera's software version:
- Reformat your SD card in the camera, by using the delete all/reformat function in the settings menu. Here are links for how to do that if you're unsure: HERO2, HERO3 & HERO3+, HERO, HERO+ LCD, HERO4.
- After reformatting the card, record a photo or quick video.
- Take the SD card and connect it to your computer to view the contents.
- In the MISC folder, you will find a version.txt file.
- Open the version.txt file.
- You can compare those version numbers to the current camera software versions listed in this article to see if your camera software is up-to-date or not.