The HD HERO2 has a setting that lets you change the default start-up mode.
By default, the HD HERO2 starts up in Video mode. You can set the camera to start up in Video or Time-lapse mode.
- Enter into the camera's settings menu by pressing the power/mode button to cycle through to the wrench picture. The wrench represents the settings menu.
- Press the shutter button to enter into the settings menu.
- Press the power/mode button until you see MODE on the LCD screen. This is where you can change the default start-up mode.
- Enter into the MODE menu by pressing the shutter button.
- Press the power/mode button to change your default start-up mode between Video, Photo, Burst, or Time Lapse.
- Press the shutter button to save the default start-up mode that you select.