1. Photo Sizes
- 5MP: 2592x1944 pixels
- 11MP Wide: 3840x2880 pixels
- 8MP Medium: 3200x2400 pixels
- 5MP Wide: 2592x1944 pixels
- 5MP Medium: 2592x1944 pixels
- 12MP Wide: 4000x3000 pixels
- 7MP Wide: 3000x2250 pixels
- 7MP Medium: 3000x2250 pixels
- 5MP Medium: 2560x1920 pixels
2. HDMI Connection Type
All HERO3 cameras comply to HDMI spec 1.3a
Micro HDMI to Standard HDMI cable is required.
3. Is HDMI live feed out compressed?
HERO3 cameras output uncompressed video over HDMI output. Video is stored compressed on camera but upon playback video is uncompressed and output over HDMI.
4. Image Sensor Size
5. What is the number of pixels I can utilize on the image sensor?
2592x1944 pixels (5 MP)
3840x2880 pixels (11 MP)
4000x3000 pixels (12 MP)
6. Can I use MicroSD cards that use exFAT format?
Yes. All HERO3 cameras support exFAT.
7. Can I use MicroSDHC or MicroSDXC cards?
Yes. Both are supported by all HERO3 cameras.
8. What is the waterproof depth rating on LCD Touch BacPac Backdoor?
The touch backdoor is waterproof down to 3 meters (9 ft).
9. Does the LCD Touch BacPac touch feature work underwater?
No. You need to use the shutter/power buttons.
10. What are the HERO3 Camera Cable Lengths?
HERO3 3.5mm Mic Adapter - AMCCC-301
- 5 inches
HERO3 Combo Cable - ANCBL-301
- Main part - 11 ¼ inches
- Auxillary part - 16 inches
HERO3 HDMI Cable - AHDMC-301
- 75 inches
HERO3 Composite Cable - ACMPS-301
- 15 ½ inches
11. What is the HERO3 Camera Wi-Fi Frequency?
The White, Silver, and Black Edition cameras' built-in Wi-Fi frequency is 2.4 GHz, b/g.
12. Does HERO3 camera support PTP Protocol?
13. Can the LCD Touch BacPac or the Original LCD BacPac be set to power off after 60 seconds of inactivity when connected to the HERO3 camera?
14. What is the Receiving frequency, Transmitting frequency, and Output capacity of the built-in Wi-Fi?
We use the 2.4 GHz ISM band for both Transmitting and Receiving which covers frequencies from 2.4 to 2.5 GHz. The output power is roughly 20-40 mW.
15. Pixel Size (in microns):