If you see a picture of a camera with a down arrow on the screen every time you power on the camera, it may be stuck in the update mode. The following steps should help resolve the issue:
- Remove the SD card from the camera.
- Remove/reinsert the camera's battery
- Use a card reader to format the SD card in the computer.
- Complete the manual update path via the software updater (without the camera connected to the computer).
- Download the update files to the SD card via a card reader.
- Insert the SD card into the camera.
- Power on the camera to allow the update to complete successfully.