If you need to redo your camera software update, or you can't get the softwarwe update to work through CineForm Studio, you can update your HERO2 camera's software manually.
Here's how to manually update your HD HERO2 camera software to the most current software version (HD2.08.12.222.WIFI.R56.00):
1. Reformat your SD card in the camera with the Delete ALL/Format function in the settings menu.
2. Download the HD2-firmware.bin file. Don't open the file once it downloads. Place the file on the root level of the SD card. Here's the link.
Once the file downloads, open the ZIP folder, then you'll see the HD2-firmware.bin file.
3. Once you confirm that HD2-firmware.bin is on your SD card, insert the card into the camera while the camera is powered OFF. Next, you'll need to continue with the firmware update.
4. To continue with the software update, do this: Make sure the camera is powered off. HOLD the Shutter button down on the camera. While you're holding the Shutter button, press the Power button one time. The camera will power ON and show a video camera icon. While STILL holding the Shutter button, press the Power button 3 more times. The camera software update screen should show again.
5. While the camera is updating itself, you'll notice that it will power itself OFF/ON up to two times within the span of 3 minutes during this process. If the camera stays powered OFF for longer than 20 seconds, power it back ON. The camera will continue to update itself.
6. If you see the camera software update screen for longer than 3 minutes, remove/reinsert the battery. Note - DO NOT remove or reformat the SD card. Next, power ON the camera by pressing the Power button one time. In some cases, you may need to repeat this step.
7. The software update should complete in about 3 minutes.
8. Once the software update completes, the camera will automatically start up into video mode.
9. To verify that the software update took, power OFF the camera, then power ON the camera. Once you do this, the software update will complete if it hasn't yet, and you will see the camera go into video mode. Once it starts up into video mode, you'll know that the software update is complete.
That’s it. You’re good to go now! If you need some assistance, you can contact GoPro Support by using the "Contact Us" form.