If GoPro Studio is not running well on your computer, it may be due to your computer not meeting the minimum system requirements for GoPro Studio. Here's how to find your computer's system specs.
You'll want to gather your:
- Computer Manufacturer and Model
- Operating System
- Processor (aka CPU)
- RAM (aka Memory)
- Graphics card (aka GPU or display adapter)
- QuickTime version
Click the “apple” icon in the top left corner of your screen, and then click “About this Mac”. Next, click “More Info…” This gives you everything but your QuickTime version.
To find your QuickTime version, you'll need to launch QuickTime. Launch it by doing the following:
- Click on the magnifying glass in the far top-right corner of your screen, then type in QuickTime.
- Click on "QuickTime Player"; it should be the first or second result that pops up.
- Now that QuickTime is open, click the bolded "QuickTime Player" menu, right next to the apple icon in the top-left corner of your screen.
- Then, click "About QuickTime Player". A new window will open that shows the QuickTime Player symbol and lists a version number underneath it. For example, "Version 10.6 (603.17). If your version number is lower than 7.6, you'll need to update QuickTime before running GoPro Studio. You can update it by clicking on the apple icon, then clicking "Software Update".
Click on the Start Menu, then right-click on the word "Computer" or “My Computer”, and click “Properties”. Once you have done this, scroll down to the System Information for Computer Manufacturer, Model, OS, Processor, and RAM. You can find your graphics card by clicking on the small arrow to the left of “Display Adapters” in your Device Manager.
- Here’s how to find Device Manager for Win 7 and Vista
- Here’s how to find Device Manager for Win XP
- Here's how to find your QuickTIme version. Note - skip down to the second part of the article: "How to determine which version is installed". Here's a sample version number: "Version 10.6 (603.17)". If your version number is lower than 7.6, you'll need to update QuickTime before running GoPro Studio. You can do that by visiting the QuickTime website.
If you continue to have trouble with GoPro Studio even though you meet the minimum system requirements, please contact GoPro Support. If you're able to, please send us your system specs when you contact us.